Kate Rushbrooke BA Hons, FdSc in Person-Centred Counselling
Supporting children and adults whos lives are affected by the day to day challenges family life. Tackling anxiety, depression and behavioural problems.
I offer a modern, informed approach to counselling in a relaxed, safe and friendly environment.
Children - Exploring the world through the child's eyes, helping them to become aware of their emotions and accepting of their difficulties. I focus on building the child's trust in order to help them to navigate their way through social interactions. I use a mix of art, play and yoga to help the child feel at ease.
Parents - Exploring the challenges of everyday life of living with a child with developmental disorders whilst building up an invisible backpack of resources to support themselves and their child. This includes specific parenting skills, resilience, self empowerment and compassion.
These invaluable skills support all areas of family life, helping families flourish.
Training, qualifications & experience
- A FdSc in Person-Centred Counselling
- CBT training
- Over 7 years Counselling experience.
- First-hand experience of parenting a child with Development Disorders.
- Extensive Resilience training
- Fully trained in parenting skills to suit challenging children
- Over 7 years experience of sexual abuse counselling
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Pathological Demand Avoidance, ADHD, Dyslexia and more. I am also an experienced sexual abuse counsellor with over 7years experience.
Photos & videos
General Counselling £50/hour
Specialised Counselling courses dependant on needs. Please get in touch for a chat.
Skype Counselling Available.
Trained in Mindfulness and Relaxation Techniques.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Week day and Weekend availability
Types of client