Kate Rushbrooke BA Hons, FdSc in Person-Centred Counselling
Specializing in helping families to flourish. I offer a broad spectrum of support to individuals who may be struggling with the everyday pressures of family life.
My adult counselling is very client focused. We explore the problems, frustrations, disappointments and pain in a confidential and non-judgemental way. I work towards empowering the client to make changes within their lives and consequently, their family. This very much focuses on the needs and passions of the client, afterall we cant support our family if we ourselves feel exhausted, unhappy and disillusioned.
I counsel children from the relaxed environment of my playroom. Offering a safe space to express and understand their emotions and worries with the use of a variety of materials including arts and crafts, crystals and relaxation and mindful techniques. I also equip children with strategies to cope with their anxieties and fears.
I am very experienced in counselling children with additional needs, ASD, ADHD, Dyslexia etc but more broadly, I have a deep understanding of anxiety and worry.
Training, qualifications & experience
- A FdSc in Person-Centred Counselling
- CBT training
- Over 10 years Counselling experience.
- First-hand experience of parenting a child with Development Disorders.
- Extensive Resilience training
- Fully trained in parenting skills to suit challenging children
- Over 8 years experience of sexual abuse counselling
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Pathological Demand Avoidance, ADHD, Dyslexia and more. I am also an experienced sexual abuse counsellor with over 7years experience.
Photos & videos
General Counselling £50/hour
Specialised Counselling courses dependant on needs. Please get in touch for a chat.
Skype Counselling Available.
Trained in Mindfulness and Relaxation Techniques.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Week day and Weekend availability
Types of client