Julie Rogers MBACP
I am a Person-Centred Humanistic counsellor which means that I believe everyone has the potential to become who they really are. My focus is on encouraging my clients to believe in themselves by developing their self-esteem and self-worth. I work with clients to empower themselves in a safe, confidential, friendly and non-judgemental setting. Using this approach clients also enhance their ability to live a healthier lifestyle.
I offer one to one, group work and individual supervision for the development of self-acceptance.
Bereavement and Loss Counselling
My specialist area is working with bereavement, counselling terminally ill clients and their families.
Children and Play Therapy
I also work in a primary school with children on a one to one basis using creative artwork and play therapy.
Practising mindfulness and living in the moment are approaches that I have used successfully with clients managing long term critical conditions. The mind is so powerful it can keep us trapped in unhealthy patterns that affect our relationships and the way we view ourselves. As a counsellor, I enjoy working with people facing issues that control their lives.
My latest role is running Living in the Moment workshops for Live Well Kent which has proven to be successful and enables clients to start to live in the moment and live healthier lifestyles.
I also practice Neuro-Linguistic Programming, Bodywork and Emotional Release to help restore clients whose health and wellbeing is affected by their bodies storing past pain. It may seem a big step even thinking about counselling. I would like to offer you my experience and skills so that you can become the person you want to be.
Getting in touch...
If you want to discover more about how I can help you, then please give me a call or a text on 07961 764195 or click here to send me an email.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Certificate of Attendance - 1999,
- Certificate in Counselling Skills - June 2001,
- Victim Support Basic and Violent Training Course, 2003 - Accreditation.
- Diploma in Counselling - 2003. (Part of our Diploma course included Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) and Bodywork and Emotional Release).
- Associated Stress Consultants Diploma - 2012 MASC (Bul Har. y. y.) - Bullying and Harassment Therapy, The Younger Years.
- Colour Healing Course Diploma - April 2001
- Certificate of Attendance Kent Parent Partnership Service covering Communication Skills, Using Positive Language, Principled Negotiation, Perceptual Positions, Overcoming barriers to Participation, Role and Responsibilities of a Parent Representative, Managing Emotions - 22.11.2011 and 29.11.2011
- A Person-Centred Approach to Dementia Awareness
- Certificate of Registration for the BACP Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists.
- I have worked in Hospices, Cruse Bereavement and MacMillan Cancer Support. Some of the different topics that I have trained for are Post Traumatic Stress Disorder,
- Bereavement & People with Learning Difficulties, Spirituality and Bereavement, Bereavement and Mental Illness, Managing Suicidal Behaviour.
- Committed to my own Self Awareness - ongoing since 1999.
- Contracted to run Self Awareness workshops for Shaw Trust Live Well Kent and Bereavement and Loss Counselling for Shaw Trust Live Well Kent February 2018 - present
I am a Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapists.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Self Awareness - Personal Development.
Photos & videos
One to one client normal rate is £40.00 per hour.
Low cost £30.00 per hour.
Clinical Supervision £60.00.
Self Discovery Workshop fees £50.00 per person for 4 hours.
Self Awareness Six Week Course £45.00 per person per week.
We can discuss fees, when booking.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available from 9am until 5pm I can do some evenings if you work during the day.
Types of client