Michelle Spendlove Dip.Couns, MBACP - Higher Ground Counselling
Hi, I'm Michelle - I'm a Psychotherapist/Counsellor; and I'm passionate about helping people who want to help themselves . I'm a Registered Member of the BACP ; offering a counselling service near Huddersfield town centre. My main method of counselling is Person Centred, which holds the belief that the only person who truly knows what is best for you is you; and the answers are already inside you, waiting to be found. In short - I believe that what people really need is a good listening to! I wont tell you what choices to make; but I will use a range of counselling techniques in order to help you explore your feelings and find your own solutions. I may also use approaches from other counselling methods (Such as CBT) for a more tailor-made service, in order to help with specific issues. By talking through your problems, at your own pace; you can gain the confidence to move forward in a positive way.
I work with a range of issues (listed below) If one of these problems is something you feel you would like support with, I offer a completely confidential counselling service, in a relaxed environment.
* PLEASE VISIT MY WEBSITE FOR FULL DETAILS ON THE SERVICE I PROVIDE AND RECENT CLIENT TESTIMONIALS/REVIEWS *
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Level 3 certificate in Counselling skills
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Concepts
- Diploma in counselling children and adolescents (Although I now only focus on clients over 18)
- Awareness of child abuse and neglect certificate
- Certificate in in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Prior to setting up my own private practice, I counselled previously at a local college; and also a registered young person's charity.
- I am currently studying towards a Diploma in Joint life coaching and counselling.
- I work with both male and female clients over the age of 18
- I have DBS clearance (Full criminal check)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Bipolar disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Induction session only £21
The first session at Higher Ground Counselling in Huddersfield is a 50 minute induction session and will entail getting know each other briefly, going through a small amount of paperwork; and having a chat about how the counselling process works and may benefit you. Payment for this session must be made prior to our meeting, via bank transfer & is non refundable in the event of cancellation.
Further individial sessions £39
Each session takes place in my homely counselling room in Huddersfield; and lasts for fifty minutes.
Students & those on a low income £29
I offer a discounted rate for those on low incomes; and for students. Proof of benefits (Not including tax credits) or NUS card/ student ID is required at first session.
One off session £55
A one off session is exactly how it sounds - you just attend once. These sessions are for an hour and a half; and are intended for those who feel that they would just like to feel supported in 'offloading' to someone who can give them non biased support. These sessions are also good for those who feel that they need to get something off their chest confidentially that they've never felt able to tell anyone.
(One off sessions are completely Person Centred and no CBT is available)
PAYMENTS: I AM ABLE TO ACCEPT CASH PAYMENTS AND BANK TRANSFER ONLY.
You are welcome to get in touch by email, telephone, via the form on this website or text.
Weekday evenings from 6:30Pm-8:30PM; and daytime appointments from 1:00PM-3:00PM
There is onsite parking at my premises with CCTV.
I regret that there is no disabled access.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekday evenings 6:30PM - 8:30PM. Daytime 1:00PM - 3:00PM
Types of client