Michelle Spendlove Dip.Couns, MBACP - Higher Ground Counselling
My name is Michelle Spendlove - I'm a Psychotherapist/Counsellor; and I'm passionate about helping people who want to help themselves . I'm a Registered Member of the BACP ; offering a counselling service near Huddersfield town centre. My main method of counselling is Person Centred, which holds the belief that the only person who truly knows what is best for you is you; and the answers are already inside you, waiting to be found. In short - I believe that what people really need is a good listening to! I wont tell you what choices to make; but I will use a range of counselling techniques in order to help you explore your feelings and find your own solutions. I may also use approaches from other counselling methods for a more tailor made service, in order to help with specific issues. By talking through your problems, at your own pace; you can gain the confidence to move forward in a positive way.
I work with a range of issues (listed below) If one of these problems is something you feel you would like support with, I offer a completely confidential counselling service, in a relaxed environment.
* PLEASE VISIT MY WEBSITE FOR FULL DETAILS ON THE SERVICE I PROVIDE*
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Level 3 certificate in Counselling skills
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Concepts
- Diploma in counselling children and adolescents (Although I now only focus on clients over 18)
- Awareness of child abuse and neglect certificate
- Certificate in in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Prior to setting up my own private practice, I counselled previously at a local college; and also a registered young person's charity.
- I am currently studying towards a Diploma in Joint life coaching and counselling.
- I work with both male and female clients over the age of 18
- I hold a current first aid certificate, as well as having DBS clearance (Full criminal check)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Bipolar disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
Induction session only £21
The first session at Higher Ground Counselling in Huddersfield is a 50 minute induction session and will entail getting know each other briefly, going through a small amount of paperwork; and having a chat about how the counselling process works and may benefit you. Payment for this session must be made prior to our meeting, via bank transfer & is non refundable in the event of cancellation.
Further individial sessions £39
Each session takes place in my homely counselling room in Huddersfield; and lasts for fifty minutes.
Students & those on a low income £29
I offer a discounted rate for those on low incomes; and for students. Proof of benefits or NUS card/ student ID is required at first session.
All missed sessions (unless I'm notified in advance when you first book) will be charged at the rate of £24. This is because once a regular slot has been booked for you, it cannot be taken by another Client.
IF YOU DO NOT FEEL THAT YOU CAN COMMIT TO REGULAR SESSIONS, IT MIGHT BE A BETTER IDEA FOR YOU TO WAIT UNTIL YOU CAN.
PAYMENTS: I AM ABLE TO ACCEPT CASH PAYMENTS AND BANK TRANSFER ONLY.
*UPCOMING COUNSELLING AVAILABILTY*
If you have been seeking counselling from either local private counsellors; or through the NHS; and have found that the waiting lists were longer than you had hoped; I have two spaces for regular weekly counselling coming up in around five week's time; but I may be able to give you an appointment for an Induction session much sooner than that.
please contact me as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
You are welcome to get in touch by email, telephone, via the form on this website or text.
Weekday evenings from 6:30Pm-8:30PM; and daytime appointments may be available on request.
There is onsite parking at my premises with CCTV.
I regret that there is no disabled access.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekday evenings 6:30PM - 8:30PM. Daytime appointments may be available on request.
Types of client