David Evans - DIP - BA (Hons) Humanistic Counselling - BACP
I am here to offer support and to help you address issues you may be facing, enabling you to explore your feelings and help you to come to terms with what is most difficult in your life.
Do not fear seeking help.
I can offer you the time and space to share, and to begin an on-going improvement to your way of life. I can help you to move forward and to help you become more aware of your behaviour, thoughts and feelings.
To be a healthy, functioning human being there is a need for a process of change. I can help you in that process. I work with adults and children of all ages within a Humanistic, Person-Centered approach.
I believe in personal empowerment and positive change, which can assist you in coming to terms with what is most concerning. Helping you to become more aware, more open, and enjoying a more enriched life.
I will provide a safe and secure environment within my private practice. I am a member of the BACP and practice within their set guidelines. Please feel free to get in touch.
Change is possible. I hope to be able to help you on that journey.
Training, qualifications & experience
Qualified Humanistic counsellor: (BA Hons) who works within a Humanistic, Person centered style since 2009.
I have a history of experience working couples and one-to-one with children and adults in various settings.
I bring passion, sincerity and openness to my work.
- BA Hons – Humanistic Counselling
- Diploma - INLPTA - NLP
- Diploma – Humanistic Counselling
- CPCAB – Counselling skills
- Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- Fully Insured.
- Creative therapy training
- CBT training
- Person Centred training
- Gestalt training
- Psychodynamic theoretical training
- Enhanced DBS - 6 monthly
Areas of working experience.
- MIND - Mental health support services - Recovery worker
- Stonepillow Homeless Service - Resettlement Manager
- The Royal British Legion - Regional Outreach Officer
- Crime Reduction Initiative - Outreach (High Risk Offenders - On license)
- Arun Counselling Services - Counsellor
- Sussex Probation services - Counsellor
- The Youth Information Services - Counsellor
- Ravenscourt Drug & Alcohol rehabilitation services - Care team worker
- Downview Primary School - Governor
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Cognitive Behavioural Therapies
Stress & Anxiety
- Art therapy/Art psychotherapy
- Arts therapies
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
£ 30 p/h - Individuals
£ 35 p/h - Couples
Tel - 07545859646
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Further Training/Courses attended:
- Safeguarding Children beyond procedures.
- Safeguarding Adults at risk.
- Poverty, Parenting and Social exclusion.
- ITEP Mapping & recovery care planning.
- Equality & Diversity.
- Health & Safety.
- Drug & Alcohol awareness training.
- Creative Art Therapies with Children.
- Working with Male Victims of Domestic Violence.
- Working with Female Victims of Domestic Violence.
- First Aid.
- Male Victims of Domestic Abuse.
- Building effective teams with Belbin.
Jayne - 2019
"Your guidance helped me think through so many of my difficult situations. Thank you! I really appreciated your help in making me feel like me again. Helping me get closer to my family and friends. Helping me with toxic situations and stress."
Pam - 2018
"Speaking to you and listening to you was very calming. Thank you for being there for me."
John - 2017
"I feel in a much better mind set since I first met you months back! Thank you so much for all the help feel so much confident / happier person since then!"
Yvonne - 2016
"Since having Counselling with David he has kindly, patiently, and skilfully helped me to heal. With his help I have been able to overcome and deal with life's difficulties much better. I am able to understand myself and others better. I am always made to feel comfortable to talk about anything."
Gary - 2015
"I used David's services for quite some time recently, he was very professional. He helped me through one of the hardest times in my life. Being from an army background he was able to give me clarity of my situation and helped me understand the thought processes that I was going through. He taught me coping strategies to deal with rumination thoughts. I genuinely couldn't recommend David more as he gave me the strength and confidence again to move forward in my life."
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Available from 5pm Monday-Friday. Saturday & Sunday - 9am - 5pm.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|