David Evans - BA(hons) Humanistic Counselling MBACP (Accred)
During these difficult moments for the whole country and the wider world, I wish you peace and good health.
I am currently working under the Covid guidlines with guidance from the BACP with regards to practice. I am able to see clients face to face within the social distance rules and guidlines for meeting face to face. I am also able to conduct counselling either by phone or media calls such as Zoom - Skype - Teams. Furthermore I have completed the full vaccination process.
I am here to offer support and to help you address issues you may be facing, enabling you to explore your feelings and help you to come to terms with what is most difficult in your life.
Do not fear seeking help.
I can offer you the time and space to share, and to begin an on-going improvement to your way of life. I can help you to move forward and to help you become more aware of your behaviour, thoughts and feelings.
To be a healthy, functioning human being there is a need for a process of change. I can help you in that process. I work with adults and children of all ages within a Humanistic, Person-Centered approach.
I believe in personal empowerment and positive change, which can assist you in coming to terms with what is most concerning. Helping you to become more aware, more open, and enjoying a more enriched lif
I will provide a safe and secure environment within my private practice. I am an accredited member of the BACP and practice within their set guidelines. Please feel free to get in touch.
Change is possible. I hope to be able to help you on that journey.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a BACP Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist.
I have a history of experience working couples and one-to-one with children and adults in various settings. This includes students in the field of counselling.
I bring passion, sincerity and openness to my work.
- BACP Accredited.
- BA Hons – Humanistic Counselling.
- Diploma - INLPTA - NLP.
- Diploma – Humanistic Counselling.
- CPCAB – Counselling skills.
- Accredited member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- Fully Insured.
- Creative therapy training
- CBT training.
- Person Centred training.
- Gestalt training.
- Psychodynamic theoretical training.
- Enhanced DBS - 6 monthly. (Most recent DBS - Oct 2020)
Areas of working experience.
- Mental Health Lead Practitioner - NHS
- MIND - Mental health support services - Recovery worker
- Stonepillow Homeless Service - Resettlement Manager
- The Royal British Legion - Regional Outreach Officer
- Crime Reduction Initiative - Outreach (High Risk Offenders)
- Arun Counselling Services - Counsellor
- Sussex Probation services - Counsellor
- The Youth Information Services - Counsellor
- Ravenscourt Drug & Alcohol rehabilitation services - Care team worker
- Downview Primary School - Governor
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Cognitive Behavioural Therapies
Stress & Anxiety
Managing personal expectations.
From £30.00 to £40.00
£ 30 - Individuals
£ 40 - Couples
Tel - 07545859646
Email - email@example.com
Concessions offered for
Available from 5.30pm Monday-Friday.
Saturday & Sunday - 9am - 5pm.
Further Training/Courses attended:
- Trauma informed care Training for Adult Mental Health services - 2021
- Adult Immediate Life Support - Level 3 - 2020
- Domestic Violence & Abuse training - 2021
- Equality, diversity & Human Rights - 2020
- Health, Safety, Risk & Welfare - 2020
- Mental Capacity Act & DoLS - 2020
- Mental Health Act Training - 2020
- PMVA Disengagement and conflict resolution - 2020
- PMVA - Physical interventions - 2020
- Safeguarding Adults - Level 2 & 3 - 2020
- Safeguarding Children - Level 3 - 2020
- Suicide Prevention - 2020
- Safeguarding Children beyond procedures.
- Safeguarding Adults at risk.
- Poverty, Parenting and Social exclusion.
- ITEP Mapping & recovery care planning.
- ITEP/BTEI & Psychosocial Interventions.
- Equality & Diversity.
- Health & Safety.
- Drug & Alcohol awareness training.
- Creative Art Therapies with Children.
- Working with Male Victims of Domestic Violence.
- Working with Female Victims of Domestic Violence.
- First Aid.
- Male Victims of Domestic Abuse.
- Building effective teams with Belbin.
Brian - 2020
"David is a very professional practitioner, he assessed my bespoke needs whilst ensuring full compliance with all safeguarding practices and delivered a programme of progressive and pragmatic bereavement support to me and indirectly to my son. I have complex PTSD from combat related military service and was already a vulnerable patient. He established a great rapport with me as a client and really helped me during a difficult time in my life. I cannot thank him enough; he is an exemplar to the profession.
Jayne - 2019
"Your guidance helped me think through so many of my difficult situations. Thank you! I really appreciated your help in making me feel like me again. Helping me get closer to my family and friends. Helping me with toxic situations and stress."
Pam - 2018
"Speaking to you and listening to you was very calming. Thank you for being there for me."
John - 2017
"I feel in a much better mind set since I first met you months back! Thank you so much for all the help feel so much confident / happier person since then!"
Yvonne - 2016
"Since having Counselling with David he has kindly, patiently, and skilfully helped me to heal. With his help I have been able to overcome and deal with life's difficulties much better. I am able to understand myself and others better. I am always made to feel comfortable to talk about anything."
Gary - 2015
"I used David's services for quite some time recently, he was very professional. He helped me through one of the hardest times in my life. Being from an army background he was able to give me clarity of my situation and helped me understand the thought processes that I was going through. He taught me coping strategies to deal with rumination thoughts. I genuinely couldn't recommend David more as he gave me the strength and confidence again to move forward in my life."