Constanze Maria Fiedler Dip.Couns MBACP
A warm, approachable and deeply empathetic counsellor, I offer one-to-one support to both children and adults dealing with a wide range of life challenges in a safe and supportive environment in Greenwich and Charlton.
I don’t just offer one single type of counselling solution − I work flexibly with every individual, tailoring my approach to their situation. Drawing on my wealth of experience, both personal and professional, combined with my expertise in a rich diversity of counselling approaches, I take care to personalise the counselling journey to the needs of the person in front of me. For younger children, my methods are play-centred, helping the child to relax and express themselves through play. But whatever the age, the care I take to connect with my clients and earn their trust remains consistently at the centre of my approach.
Loss, trauma, abuse and bereavement are recurring themes in my work, as are issues around the stress and challenges of caring and caregiving including perinatal depression. Thus I'm able to offer a backbone of supportive counseling, helping clients of all ages to cope and progress through both acute shocks and longer term traumas. In all of these issues, my lived experience allows me to relate to the challenges of my clients in a meaningful way.
Counselling can be a daunting experience at first, but very rewarding if you feel ready to take on the challenge and are serious about wanting to transform your life.
Experience in other settings
Greenwich Carers’ centre:
specialist experience working with carers facing issues around Isolation, Stress, Anxieties and Bereavement.
Postnatal Depression counselling
Various nurseries and schools (mainstream and Steiner): working with children of all ages.
Training, qualifications & experience
Having worked for the Greenwich Carer’s centre in the past, I have specialist experience working with Carers facing issues around Isolation, Stress, Anxiety's and Bereavement.
Whilst working for Mum's Aid I have gained valuable experience in Postnatal Depression counselling, an area I am particularly keen on expanding in due to high demand and personal experience and as well as many clients from various backgrounds.
Additionally I have engaged with clients affected by Agoraphobia, Panic attacks, Insomnia, Redundancy, Child Sexual Abuse and Relationship break up.
My extensive experience in relating to children through play in a therapeutic way has been gathered in various nursery and school settings including main stream and Steiner (independent). I see young clients exclusively at my private practice in Charlton as they significantly benefit from a more homely environment and allows me to use a wider range of equipment.
As a Registered Member of the BACP I am committed to abiding by their Ethical Guidelines and ongoing Professional Development.
- CPCAB Introduction to Counselling
- CPCAB Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Studies
- CPCAB Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- CPCAB Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies
- CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- University Diploma Certificate in Psychology
- Healthy Maternal Ambivalence
- Impact of Child Sexual Abuse on Adult Survivors and their Relationships
- Intrusive Thoughts
- Self harm : The solution, not the problem
- Young people who self harm
- Young people with Eating Disorders
- An Attachment perspective on choosing ( or not choosing)
- The emotional legacy of Childhood Abuse and enduring impacts for Survivors
- Working with Young People in the LGBT Community
- Keeping the baby in mind: Working with mothers with severe mental illness
- Making connections with an autistic brain
- Grief works : Stories of life, death and surviving
- Solution focused brief therapy SBT
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy CBT
- Trauma resolution focused therapy
Registered Member MBACP
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Eating disorders
- Learning difficulties
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Specialty areas include:
Child Sexual Abuse
Photos & videos
Charlton location :
£ 50 per 50 min sessiond
London Bridge location:
£ 70 per 50 min session
The first session will include an assessment and will help you decide whether counselling is suitable for you at this moment and whether I am the right counsellor for you.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
wheelchair access and free on street parking at my private practice in Charlton
Mondays and Thursdays
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|