B.A., Grd.Cert., Pgd.Dip., M.Sc.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
I am a senior counselling psychologist, a fully trained counsellor, a trainer and a supervisor.
Sometimes life can be harsh and unpredictable and you might not know which is the best choice to make. As a therapist I will do my best to offer you a therapeutic relationship characterized by steadiness, responsibility, empathy and unconditional positive regard.
Psychological therapy is beyond soothing symptoms stemming from adversity or psychological conditions. It is also about your right to joy, by making sound decisions, getting involved in meaningfull relationships, feeling comfortable with your sexuality, and becoming creative.
Being pluralistic, I do not adhere to any strict scientific beliefs; I am sure that nobody knows better than you what hurts you and what makes you feeel better. Therefore, we need to work together, in a collaborative way, and tailor the therapeutic plan to your own unique life and needs.
Understanding and accepting the meaning of your experience, as well as your thoughts, emotions, behaviours, and adversities you will become able to create meaning, integration, and personal growth.
I employ current, evidence-based, psychological theory, combined with the person-centred and cognitive behavioural approaches, including aspects of attachment theory, positive psychology and mindfulness. I also consider meditation to have value in enhancing well-being.
I work with people 18+ on issues including, but not limited to, anxiety, depression, low self esteem, LGBTQIA+ specific issues, family issues, career issues, panic attacks, traumatic experiences, and crises. Additionally, I have extensive experience with the severe end of mental health
Training, qualifications & experience
- Nearly twenty years work experience with the whole spectrum of mental health.
- Founding member of the Greek Suicide Prevention Centre and the Suicide Help Line, run by NGO Klimaka.
- External collaborator and member of the scientific supervisory team of the Greek Suicide Prevention Centre and the suicide help line.
- Member of an international group of seven experts that consulted with the French government for the law on euthanasia.
- Member of the International Association for Suicide Prevention.
- Elected board member and Secretary for Violence of the Greek National Network for the Prevention of Violence and Accidents;
- Trainer and supervisor, in direct contact, of over five-hundred health and mental health professionals on psychological therapy for anxiety, depression, grief and loss, psychological trauma, panic disorder, ocd, crisis intervention, bullying, violence and abuse, bipolar disorder, personality disorders, psychotic disorders.
- Greek LGBTQIA+ help-line trainer on crisis intervention and suicide prevention.
- Hellenic Red Cross; trainer of mental health professionals and volunteers.
- Trainer of secondary school teachers.
- Trainer of emergency services rescuers.
- A spoke person in campaigns to raise awareness about crisis intervention and suicide prevention, giving interviews to news networks like BBC, CNN, PBS, AL JAZEERA and others.
- B.A. Psychology
- Grd. Cert. Psychoanalysis
- Pgd.Dip. Counselling
- M.Sc. Psychological Therapies and Interventions
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 16 professions.
They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.
Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.
Areas of counselling I deal with
From £70.00 to £90.00
Free initial online session
Concessions offered for
My fees are 70 pounds per hour for personal therapy, 90 for severe conditions. I am happy to provide lower-fee sessions for those on low income and trainees.
When I work
I book appointments every week day, depending on my work schedule; on Saturday I work in the morning and in the afternoon.
I abide by the code of ethics of the Health and Care Professional Council (HCPC)