Angie Saunders Registered MBACP (Accred)
Hello my name is Angie Saunders,I am an Integrative Counsellor,fully insured and Accredited MBACP.I run my private practice from Laurels Healthy Living Centre in South Tottenham.I offer individual clients long or short term counselling,depending on a client's presented issues, I have also worked on behalf of 'Mind' Mental Health charity.
The term integrative means I use one or more theoretical approaches within my practice, as I feel each individual client is unique in their own experience, and so tailor my approach accordingly.The counselling relationship is built on trust. This is fundamental to the counselling process. I offer a safe non-judgemental and confidential environment that enables you to explore your thoughts and feelings.Finally I adhere to BACP guidelines of good ethical practice, and continue to develop personally/ professionally, through ongoing training and regular counselling supervision.
Training, qualifications & experience
Qualifications, Experience, and Training.
- Counselling skills Counselling Studies Level 2/3
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- CCETSW PCSC
- Working with Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse,Impact of Child Sexual Abuse In Adults
- Counselling Survivors of Sexual Abuse,Trauma and the Body :Somatisation and Dissociation
- Living and Working with Dissociation
- Working with Survivors of Domestic Violence
- Working with shame.
- Working with Relational Trauma.
- The role of Attachment in Counselling
- Working with the Body in Counselling
- Into The Light working with Survivors of Childhood Abuse
- One in Four The Body Keeps The Score
- One in Four Counsellors Toolbox for Trauma
- Working Safely and Professionally with Erotic Transference and Countertransference.
- Mindfulness at Work
- Mindfulness and Self Compassion
I have extensive experience of working with Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse.
I began my professional training in 2004 and graduated in 2008. I went on to run my private practice as well as teaching counselling studies at my local college.For the past 5 years I've worked on behalf of Mind Mental Health Charity,counselling clients on an individual basis.
Prior to this I worked in the Social Care Sector for over 21 years for several local authorities.I worked as a Care Manager/Senior Day Centre Officer working with various client groups - physical and learning disabilities and adults suffering with dementia.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Dealing with the effects of childhood sexual abuse.
Inner Child work.
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
Counselling fee per session £40.00
Concessions available for students and clients on low income.
When we arrange our first counselling session we will complete an initial assessment. This will give us the opportunity to talk through the difficulties that you are experiencing,and also enable you to get an understanding of what to expect when you come into counselling. It will also give us a chance at our first counselling session to decide if we would like to continue to work together as client & counsellor.
Each counselling session will last 50 mins.
There is a 24 hour hr cancellation policy
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Day time, evenings and weekend appointments available.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|