Sue Germaine Malone - Accrd COSRT and UKCP
I am an Accredited as a Psychosexual Therapist and Supervisor and am UKCP Registered Psychotherapist. I have extensive experience working with people with sexual difficulties and relationship issues.
I provide short and long term therapy for clients facing those challenges and set backs in life that at times can be overwhelming. I work with individuals and couples, offering both day and evening appointments and I also am available some weekend mornings.
I an a humanistic integrative therapist, adapting to each person's unique needs. With you I will work collaboratively, focussing on your strengths and inner resources, enabling you to change, to gain clarity and direction.
Please do contact me by phone or Email and I can answer any queries you may have.
Training, qualifications & experience
Accredited Counsellor & Supervisor COSRT (College of Sexual and Relationship Therapy)
UKCP Psychotherapist (United Kingdom Council of Psychotherapists)
Over 25 years of work experience, both in the NHS and Private Practice
Lecturer in Psychosexual and Relationship Therapy at Southampton University 7 years
Psychosexual Specialist (NHS Trust in Surrey) 6 years
Over 21 years experience working in NHS & Social Services working with people with disabilities.
Some of my approaches are as follows:
- CBT (Cognitive behavioural therapy)
- Psychodynamic - looking at the unconscious process or programming that influences beliefs, thinking and behaviour
- Mindfulness - to reduce stress, anxiety and pain. Improve concentration and self management and change negative thoughts, beliefs, feelings and assumptions.
- Solution focused brief therapy.
- Humanistic - working in the here and now and how we live our lives, past life experiences and relationships are explored in terms of the impact they have on the person we are today.
- Psychosexual therapy. Exploring the difficulties you have sexually and their impact on you. Finding ways forward to solve these issues.
- Relationship therapy. Working in a collaborative way together to find ways forward.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Some of the issues I cover:
Male: Erection difficulties, premature ejaculation, ejaculatory disorder, loss of libido, identity problems.
Female: Inability to have intercourse, pain on intercourse, orgasmic problems, loss of libido.
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
Individual - £60 per session (One hour)
Couple - £70 per session
Your first appointment and what to expect!
Your first appointment gives you the opportunity to ask questions and talk about your difficulties. What has happened in your life that has brought you to therapy. Your expectations, your aims and goals. It is very important to feel comfortable, safe and listened to in an accepting, warm and non judgemental space.We will explore your problems and make sense of them to get a clearer perspective and find ways forward.
My experience ensures a safe, professional service. If you attend alone or with your partner you will have opportunities to talk separately and in complete confidence.
It is never too late to change, choosing the right counsellor can feel confusing and daunting. If you would like to discuss your needs or find out more about counselling, please do give me a call and leave a message or alternatively Email me.
Each session lasts an hour, the initial assessment appointment may last longer for history taking. You will only pay for the hour.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
Supervision & training
I am an accredited COSRT Supervisor and recognised by UKCP.