Rob Stuart, MSc. BPC, MBACP
020 3620 5425
Hello, I'm Rob - an experienced BPC and BACP registered Psychodynamic Counsellor.
I offer a friendly and approachable service. If you message me, I'll be happy to guide you through the basics.
I specialise in helping people with stress, depression and anxiety, especially those with feelings of anger, despair and/or hopelessness. I also help people experiencing relationship difficulties with friends, family members, work colleagues, etc.
I've worked for two NHS Trusts in several crisis teams and one excellent psychotherapy department. I've also worked for two suicide prevention charities and a private residential care provider.
I've met people suffering from acute mental health difficulties but most of the clients I work with now are just ordinary people trying to get by in an extraordinary world. If we meet, we'll sit down face to face and get to know one another before any decisions are made.
I'm ready to answer any questions you may have and hopefully, you'll feel ready to tell me a little about yourself. I know it can sometimes feel quite nerve-wracking, but I offer complete confidence. I treat every problem the same with the same respect, no matter how big or small.
As a minimum, I work with my clients on a once weekly basis. I don't set any time limit for the service but will support you to finish with me when you are ready.
If you like what you've read, why not send me a message?
Training, qualifications & experience
I worked for 5 years as an Honorary Psychotherapist in the Kensington, Chelsea and Westminster Psychotherapy Team (part of the Central and North West London (CNWL) NHS Foundation Trust) under the clinical supervision of Dr Lorenzo Grespi.
I also work for Maytree: the national suicide prevention charity based in Islington, North London that provides befriending and respite services to people in suicidal crisis.
Before Maytree, I worked for Camden and Islington (CANDI) NHS Foundation Trust as a Clinical Support Worker at The Rivers Crisis House, St Pancras Hospital. I have, therefore, extensive experience of complex mental health problems.
I have also worked in the private healthcare sector as a Mental Health Support Worker, which funded my psychotherapy training. Furthermore, I volunteered for Samaritans when I was much younger, which paved the way for my subsequent career.
- MSc Psychodynamic Counselling and Psychotherapy - Birkbeck College, University of London
- Graduate Certificate in Psychodynamic Counselling and Organisational Dynamics - Birkbeck College, University of London
- Graduate Diploma in Psychology - The Open University, Milton Keynes
- BA Philosophy and Politics - University of East Anglia, Norwich, Norfolk
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
£50 daytime, £60 evening.
BAME friendly, LGBT+ friendly :.)
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mornings / Afternoons / Evenings
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|