Paula Jane Bantick-Ward
07722605577 / 07722605577
Hello I am Paula and my aim is to make professional counselling accessible, affordable, convenient - so anyone who struggles with life’s challenges can get help.
Life is tough and you do not have to deal with it alone, I am here to help you work through and explore your problems and issues. We often find ourselves feeling alone, distressed, overwhelmed and unfulfilled and unable to cope with difficult periods in our life. Making time for yourself through personal counselling can help you value your experiences, make sense of your faults and feelings, actions and reactions. I will listern to how you feel and what you are saying and help give you your voice. I will help you make sense of all your feelings and help you learn how to deal with them. These sessions will be your safe and quiet space for you to discuss anything you want to freely and in complete confidence, to help you heal yourself or find solutions for you to continue your life so that it is a healthier and happier place for you to live in.
I am a Person Centered counsellor which means that I am genuine and non judegemental within our working relationship. I will apply empathy so I can have a full understanding of what is going on with you and help you find your conditions of worth to begin your healing process. I will also be non directive.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have experience of working with a range of clients both male and female, as well as children from the age of 4 to 18. I also provide counselling in schools for children. I have covered all types of addiction, depression, suicidal thoughts, abuse, gender identification, marital problems, sexual issues, divorce and a wide range or other presenting issues.
I am fully qualified and a member of the BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy) who are a UK professional body, in which I work in accordance with their ethical and legal framework.
- Introduction into Counselling
- AQA Level 2 & 3 in Counselling Studies
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Working in the Metaphor
- Movement Day - YMCA
- Counselling and Safe Guarding Place2Be
- Diploma in Safe Guarding Adults from Abuse - Mencap
- Graduate from the Royal Holloway University of London
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
£45 per 50 minute session for 1:1 individual counselling.
All fees to be paid before the session via bank transfer or cash.
Consessions available to low income clients and students.
If your treatment is funded by insurance, please ensure that your policy covers the cost, as you would need to pay for any shortfall.
Please feel free to message, email or call me to arrange a convenient time and date to meet and if they are not available I can offer convenient alternate slots.
I have an enhanced DBS clearance and Professional Indemnity Insurance.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekdays and evenings and some weekends.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|