I have a wide range of experience and skills gained from working within differing counselling settings. This has provided me the opportunity to develop an extensive range of therapeutic approaches which I adapt specifically to match the unique needs of my clients.
I have worked in a GP' s surgery, a university student counselling service, a perinatal counselling support service and an online children and young persons counselling support service. I am currently working within a mental health counselling support service.
Within my own practice I deal with individual clients from 5-85 years of age combining my previous mainstream and special education experiences with my counselling skills. This combination enables me to provide a personalised approach with every client. I am confident, competent and experienced in dealing with a wide range of life challenges across al ages.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling.
- Diploma Advanced Clinical Hypnotherapy and Mind Techniques.
- Master of Education in Advanced Educational Studies, PGDip. Special Educational Needs, Social Emotional and behavioural Needs PGDip, School management and leadership.
- CPD Anxiety, Depression, Suicide Support, Mental Health Issues, Autistic Spectrum Counselling, Wellbeing, Mindfulness, Havening, CBT Adolescents and Children.
- Experience: GP surgery counsellor 1 year, Edinburgh University Student Counselling Service 1 year, Crossreach Perinatal Service 5years, Counsellor Mental Health counselling service 2 years ongoing.
- Private practice 8 years.
- Childline Counsellor:2010-2013. Telephone counselling and training.
- NSPCC Childline Schools Service Presenter "Speak out Stay safe" 2013-2019.
- NSPCC Associated training Recognising Abuse in Children.
- Alternative Therapeutic Approaches Hypnotherapy, BWRT, Perinatal and Parental support.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Hypnotherapy preparation for childbirth. Perinatal care and parenthood.
Hypnosis with EMDR, Parts therapy, Weight management.
Concessions offered for
Initial complimentary discovery session
Standard Fee £45
Individual circumstances considered where appropriate
I am able to offer flexible timings for appointments.
I accept appointments from 10.00- 20.00 weekdays.
Weekend appointments are available.