Margaret L Keith - MBACP Registered Counsellor and Supervisor
I am a fully qualified Psychotherapist and Person Centred Counsellor and have also trained in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), which I can integrate into our work together. I am a registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and I adhere to their ethical framework. As well as in private practice, I am working in charitable organisations.
With over 12 years experience working with individuals from different backgrounds, lifestyles, race and religions, I have gained a wealth of knowledge and practice of caring for others in a professional capacity. I continue to explore and further my current practice to enhance self reflection, awareness and knowledge in order to enhance my existing professional role.
There are times in our lives when we are confronted with situations that we are not sure how to deal with. I will provide a space to talk in a safe environment without being judged and help you understand the thoughts and feelings you are experiencing.
As your counsellor I will:
- Provide an empathetic and honest experience of counselling
- Respect your autonomy and independance
- Listen carefully to what you have to say
- Advise you on how to live your life
- Make judgements
- Share the content of our session with others
Training, qualifications & experience
Education and Professional Qualifications & Training
• CBT Diploma (Level 5) 2019
• Mental Wellbeing in Children and Young People (Level 2) 2019
• The SEND Code of Practice (level 2) 2019
• Safeguarding Young People (Level 2) 2019
• Health and Safety in Education (Level 2) 2018
• Health and Safety in Education – Senior Leadership & Management (Level 2) 2018
• Health and Safety in Education – Staff Awareness (Level 2) 2018
• GDPR for Education
• Cyberbullying and SEN/Disability (Anti Bullying Alliance Course) 2018
• CPCAB Counselling Supervision Level 6 (2012)
• NTC Management Training (2011/12)
• NTC Procurement & Commercial Awareness (2012)
• Person Centred Counselling Foundation Degree (2010)
• Counselling Level 3 (2008)
• Counselling Level 2 (2008)
• ECDL Computer Certificate (2007)
• Chartered Insurance Institute – Diploma in Insurance Practice (CII) (2003)
• Accounting Technician Level 4 (1998)
• Accounting A Level (1992)
• Counselling Skills Certificate (1983)
• BEC Business Course (1983)
• Various GCSE and CSE qualifications including Maths & English (1982)
Training Courses Attended
• Grief and Bereavement Counselling
• Safeguarding Adult Awareness
• Dementia Friends
• Professional Boundaries
• Mindfullness Foundation Training
• Mindfullness Course
• Child Sexual Abuse Training
• Health & Safety at Work
• Helpline Worker Essential Telephone Skills
• Time Management
• Project Management
• Presentation Skills
• Excel for budgeting
• Team Building
• Equality & Diversity
• Performance Management
• Financial Regulations Training
• End of Life Care
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Individual counselling sessions are on a sliding scale between £35 - £50. (50 minutes)
Supervision £50 (1.5 hours)
Monday to Saturday 8am to 8pm
I believe I have developed a strong foundation as a caring and supportive Counsellor who makes a marked difference in peoples lives.
I offer appointments across the North East which allow greater flexibility for you. I also offer sessions on evenings and weekends. Please contact me and we can discuss which option is better for you based on your location and availability.