Luka Hadrych - Psychotherapist, DBT Therapist and Mindfulness Teacher, MBACP
Welcome. I'm a psychotherapist, dialectical behaviour therapist (DBT) and couple therapist. I welcome clients with a range of personal difficulties whether expressed through anxiety, stress, depression, emotion regulation difficulties, and relationship or family problems.
Whatever your current difficulty, my training and experience gives us a choice of possible approaches from the structured and logical to the more fluid, creative and intuitive. As part of the commitment to support my clients as effectively as possible I was trained and supervised by some of the world’s leading therapists in the fields of Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, Radically Open DBT, Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy and Mentalisation-Based Therapy. Having trained in a number of therapeutic models, including relational, experiential and behavioural therapies, it enables me to tailor your therapy experience to your emotional needs and concerns rather than trying to fit you into a particular type of therapy.
I am the founder of 'Mind-Reframed' and 'DBT in Mind'. Our team specialise in supporting people who are highly sensitive and experience their emotions more intensely than an average person. We provide the only independent London-based intensive programme in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy as developed by Dr Marsha Linehan for self-harm, intense emotionality and borderline personality disorder. Along with my colleagues I share Dr Linehan's vision to make compassionate and scientifically valid treatments available to people with complex emotional difficulties.
We currently provide seven DBT skills groups which can be attended in King's Cross, Angel or Leytonstone on Mondays (5:45pm), Tuesdays 1:30pm and 4:15pm), Wednesdays (6pm), Thursdays (5:30pm) and Saturdays (10am and 12:15pm).
Mentalisation-Based Therapy is another twice weekly programme we offer which is of particular relevance to those who would like to identify and work through thinking and behavioural patterns of relating to themselves and others that no longer serve them. These programmes equip people living with borderline personality disorder and emotion regulation difficulties with new skills and ways to recognise and manage overwhelming emotions, impulsive behaviours and manage their relationships more effectively.
I have also continued my professional development in couple counselling and have special interest in supporting couples to regain and enhance emotional intimacy. The approach I have found particularly transformative is based on Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy, pioneered by Dr Sue Johnson.
During the initial assessment, which lasts 50 minutes, you will have time to speak about your concerns in a non-judgmental and confidential setting. This will enable you to see if you feel comfortable with me as your therapist. Following assessment I will suggest a therapy plan best suited to your personality, expectations and specific needs. My goal is to work with you to help you become aware of what holds you back from living your life to the full and to manage obstacles more effectively.
In subsequent sessions I will help you to make sense of your circumstances and to put in place workable solutions. These will provide you with a greater meaning of where you find yourself in life. We would further develop such solutions to ensure self-fulfillment in the present moment as well as equipping you with the tools for a positive and well prepared future to meet life’s challenges.
For people who cannot access this service due to location or mobility reasons I am offering therapy via Skype and other online platforms.
Contact: 07891901607 or preferably via email email@example.com.
Training, qualifications & experience
Core Academic Qualifications
- MSc in Clinical and Community Psychology (University of East London)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy (Roehampton University)
- Post-Graduate Certificate in Focusing-Oriented Psychotherapy (University of East Anglia)
- Post-Graduate Certificate in Psychological Wellbeing Practice - Low Intensity CBT (Canterbury Christ Church University)
Further Specialist Training
- Training and Expert Supervision in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (training acquired from British Isles DBT Training Team who are the sole licensed provider of DBT training in the UK and expert supervision from a senior DBT clinician from the Linehan Institute Behavioral Tech, LLC)
- Externship and Advanced Core Skills Training (Levels 1-4) in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy: Dr Scott Woolley and Dr Zoya Simakhodskaya, ICEEFT
- Intensive Training in Radically Open DBT for difficulties associated with excessive self-control, such as anorexia nervosa, chronic depression and anxiety, isolation and loneliness, forming and maintaining relationships, perfectionism and obsessive compulsive personality (trained by the treatment developer Professor Thomas Lynch and the Radically Open Ltd Team)
- Certificate in Teaching Mindfulness: Mindfulness Scotland Ltd
- Mentalization-Based Treatment: Anna Freud Centre
- Narrative Exposure Therapy for Trauma: Vivo International and Institute for Psychotrauma
Registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) - see www.bacp.co.uk. I abide by their Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy, work in the strictest of confidence and undertake regular supervision.
Member of the Society for Dialectical Behaviour Therapy in the UK and Ireland - see www.sfdbt.org.
Member of the International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy - see www.iceeft.com
Member of the British Focusing Association - see www.focusing.org.uk
I have a wealth of experience providing counselling and psychotherapy in the NHS, third sector and privately. For a number of years I worked specifically with people experiencing difficulties with low mood/depression, anxiety and phobias where I supported them using techniques based on Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT). Since 2012 I have provided team-based Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) to people experiencing longer-term difficulties associated with self-harm, emotional instability, impulsivity and borderline personality disorder. This has been at an NHS personality disorder service and privately. Along with my colleagues at Mind-Reframed we have successfully supported over 250 private clients with similar difficulties since 2015.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Dependent personality disorder
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Compassion-Focused Therapy
- Couples counselling
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
- Group therapy
- Humanistic therapies
Photos & videos
- Face to face and online individual sessions:
£90-£120 for counselling and psychotherapy
£120-£150 for dialectical-behaviour therapy
- Couple therapy:
£100-£135 per session
- DBT skills classes:
£85 for 2-hour DBT skills class
£75 for 90-minute DBT skills class
- MBT Group Therapy:
£80 per 90-minute session
In addition to the therapies listed above your personally tailored counselling or psychotherapy with me may include aspects of the following approaches:
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT)
- Radically Open DBT
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
- Focusing-Oriented Psychotherapy
To learn more about these approaches please visit www.mind-reframed.com/typesoftherapy.
Training and consultancy
I also offer consultation and training to individual therapists and teams interested in adding DBT and behavioural interventions to their psychotherapeutic work.
- Also registered with Counselling Directory
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client