Luka Hadrych - Psychotherapist, DBT Therapist and Mindfulness Teacher, MBACP
Barnsbury Community Centre
10 Jays Street
Welcome. I'm a psychotherapist/counsellor, dialectical behaviour therapist (DBT) and mindfulness teacher. I welcome clients with a range of personal difficulties whether expressed through anxiety, stress, depression, relationship and family problems or other life challenges.
Whatever your current difficulty, my training and experience gives us a choice of possible approaches from the structured and logical to the more fluid, creative and intuitive. My approach to therapy in private practice is integrative. This means that I trained in a number of therapeutic models, including relational, experiential and behavioural therapies, which enables me to tailor your therapy experience to your emotional needs and concerns rather than trying to fit you into a particular type of therapy.
I have continued my professional development in couple counselling and have special interest in supporting couples to regain and enhance emotional intimacy by exploring and understanding their difficulties and putting into action more helpful ways of interacting and communicating. The approach I have found particularly transformative is based on Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy, pioneered by Dr Sue Johnson.
During the initial meeting, which lasts 50 minutes, you will have time to speak about your concerns in a non-judgmental and confidential setting. This will enable you to see if you feel comfortable with me as your therapist. We will then allow for a few days for you to think and decide if you want to continue working with me. Following assessment I will adjust my way of working to your personality, expectations and specific needs. My goal is to work with you to help you become aware of what holds you back from living your life to the full and to manage obstacles more effectively.
During subsequent sessions I will help you to make sense of your circumstances and to put in place workable solutions. These will provide you with a greater meaning of where you find yourself in life. We would further develop such solutions to ensure self-fulfillment in the present moment as well as equipping you with the tools for a positive and well prepared future to meet life’s challenges.
I am also the founder of the only independent London-based programme in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy as developed by Dr Marsha Linehan for self-harm, intense emotionality and borderline personality disorder. Along with my colleagues I share Dr Linehan's vision to make compassionate and scientifically valid treatments available to people with complex emotional difficulties.
I work from a counselling room in London Bridge which is located only a brief walk from the station. For people who cannot access this service due to location or mobility reasons I am offering therapy and mindfulness training via Skype and other online platforms.
I also facilitate mindfulness-based retreats and personal development programmes in the beautiful setting of Gozo in Malta where through unique experiences you can feel supported to live with an awakened mind, open heart and relaxed body. By using modern mindfulness practices, as well as yoga, bodywork and horse-assisted therapy you are supported to improve your ability to manage emotions, cope with stress and gain deeper understanding of your relational and social patterns. Although these retreat are open to general public they can be of particular relevance to people with a history of depression and anxiety, stress, addictions and those who are seeking alternative methods for healing and personal development. For details please go to www.mind-reframed.com/retreats.
Contact: 07891901607 or via email email@example.com.
Training, qualifications & experience
Core Academic Qualifications
- MSc in Clinical and Community Psychology (University of East London)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy (Roehampton University)
- Post-Graduate Certificate in Focusing-Oriented Psychotherapy (University of East Anglia)
- Post-Graduate Certificate in Psychological Wellbeing Practice - Low Intensity CBT (Canterbury Christ Church University)
Further Specialist Training
- Training and Expert Supervision in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (training acquired from British Isles DBT Training Team who are the sole licensed provider of DBT training in the UK and expert supervision from a senior DBT clinician from the Linehan Institute Behavioral Tech, LLC)
- Externship and Advanced Core Skills Training (Levels 1-4) in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy: Dr Scott Woolley and Dr Zoya Simakhodskaya, EFT International School
- Intensive Training in Radically Open DBT for difficulties associated with excessive self-control, such as anorexia nervosa, chronic depression and anxiety, isolation and loneliness, forming and maintaining relationships, perfectionism and obsessive compulsive personality (trained by the treatment developer Professor Thomas Lynch and the Radically Open Ltd Team)
- Certificate in Teaching Mindfulness: Mindfulness Scotland Ltd
- Mentalization-Based Treatment: Anna Freud Centre
- Narrative Exposure Therapy for Trauma: Vivo International and Institute for Psychotrauma
- Couple Dynamics: CPD Course in Couple Counselling with Ruth Morgan
Registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) - see www.bacp.co.uk. I abide by their Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy, work in the strictest of confidence and undertake regular supervision.
Member of the Society for Dialectical Behaviour Therapy in the UK and Ireland - see www.sfdbt.org.
Member of the International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy - see www.iceeft.com
Member of the British Focusing Association - see www.focusing.org.uk
I have a wealth of experience providing counselling and psychotherapy in the NHS, third sector and privately. For a number of years I worked specifically with people experiencing difficulties with low mood/depression, anxiety and phobias where I supported them using techniques based on Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT). Between 2012 and 2017 I provided team-based Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) at an NHS personality disorder service to people experiencing longer-term difficulties associated with self-harm, emotional instability, impulsivity and borderline personality disorder. Along with my colleagues at Mind-Reframed we have successfully supported over 150 private clients with similar difficulties since 2015.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Dependent personality disorder
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Compassion-Focused Therapy
- Couples counselling
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
- Equine therapy
- Group therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Face to face and online individual sessions:
£90-£120 for counselling and psychotherapy
£100-£135 for dialectical-behaviour therapy
- Couple therapy:
£100 per session
- DBT skills classes:
£80 for 2-hour DBT skills class
£70 for 90-minute DBT skills class
- I have some flexibility for one to one therapy for people in financial hardship. Please ask for details at the time of booking an initial appointment.
In addition to the therapies listed above your personally tailored counselling or psychotherapy with me may include aspects of the following approaches:
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT)
- Radically Open DBT
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
- Focusing-Oriented Psychotherapy
To learn more about these approaches please visit www.mind-reframed.com/typesoftherapy.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client