PLEASE NOTE: ALL OF OUR TEAM'S THERAPEUTIC ACTIVITIES ARE NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE DUE TO CURRENT PUBLIC HEALTH CONCERNS RELATED TO COVID-19.
Welcome. I'm a psychotherapist, dialectical behaviour therapist (DBT) and couple therapist. I welcome clients with a range of personal difficulties whether expressed through anxiety, stress, depression, emotion regulation difficulties, and relationship or family problems.
I am the founder of 'Mind-Reframed' and 'DBT in Mind'. Our team specialise in supporting people who are highly sensitive and experience their emotions more intensely than an average person. We provide the only independent London-based intensive programme in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy as developed by Dr Marsha Linehan for self-harm, intense emotionality and borderline personality disorder. Along with my colleagues I share Dr Linehan's vision to make compassionate and scientifically valid treatments available to people with complex emotional difficulties.
We currently provide nine DBT skills groups which can be attended in King's Cross, Angel or Online on Mondays at 5:45pm, Tuesdays 1:30pm, 4pm or 6pm, Wednesdays at 4pm or 6pm, Thursdays at 5:30pm and Saturdays at 10am or 12:15pm.
Mentalisation-Based Therapy is another twice weekly programme we offer which is of particular relevance to those who would like to identify and work through thinking and behavioural patterns of relating to themselves and others that no longer serve them. These programmes equip people living with borderline personality disorder and emotion regulation difficulties with new skills and ways to recognise and manage overwhelming emotions, impulsive behaviours and manage their relationships more effectively.
I have also continued my professional development in couple counselling and have special interest in supporting couples to regain and enhance emotional intimacy. The approach I have found particularly transformative is based on Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy, pioneered by Dr Sue Johnson.
During the initial assessment, which lasts 50 minutes, you will have time to speak about your concerns in a non-judgmental and confidential setting. Following assessment I will suggest a therapy plan best suited to your personality, expectations and specific needs. Our goal is to work with you to help you become aware of what holds you back from living your life to the full and to manage obstacles more effectively.
In subsequent sessions you will be supported to make sense of your circumstances and to put in place workable solutions. These will provide you with a greater meaning of where you find yourself in life. We would further develop such solutions to ensure self-fulfillment in the present moment as well as equipping you with the tools for a positive and well prepared future to meet life’s challenges.
For people who cannot access this service due to location or mobility reasons I am offering therapy via Zoom and other online platforms.
Contact: 07891901607 or preferably email me.
Training, qualifications & experience
Core Academic Qualifications
- MSc in Clinical and Community Psychology (University of East London)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy (Roehampton University)
- Post-Graduate Certificate in Focusing-Oriented Psychotherapy (University of East Anglia)
- Post-Graduate Certificate in Psychological Wellbeing Practice - Low Intensity CBT (Canterbury Christ Church University)
Further Specialist Training
- Training and Expert Supervision in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (training acquired from British Isles DBT Training Team who are the sole licensed provider of DBT training in the UK and expert supervision from a senior DBT clinician from the Linehan Institute Behavioral Tech, LLC)
- Externship and Advanced Core Skills Training (Levels 1-4) in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy: Dr Scott Woolley and Dr Zoya Simakhodskaya, ICEEFTEmotionally Focused Therapy for Couples: Externship and Advanced Core Skills Training (Levels 1-4 out of 4) with Dr Scott Woolley and Dr Zoya Simakhodskaya, The International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy (ICEEFT)
- Emotionally Focused Therapy for Individuals (Trauma-Focused): Levels 1-2 out of 2 with Dr Sue Johnson and Dr Leanne Campbell, The International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy (ICEEFT)
- Intensive Training in Radically Open DBT for difficulties associated with excessive self-control, such as anorexia nervosa, chronic depression and anxiety, isolation and loneliness, forming and maintaining relationships, perfectionism and obsessive compulsive personality (trained by the treatment developer Professor Thomas Lynch and the Radically Open Ltd Team)
- Certificate in Teaching Mindfulness: Mindfulness Scotland Ltd
- Mentalization-Based Treatment: Anna Freud Centre
- Narrative Exposure Therapy for Trauma: Vivo International and Institute for Psychotrauma
Registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) - see www.bacp.co.uk. I abide by their Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy, work in the strictest of confidence and undertake regular supervision.
Member of the Society for Dialectical Behaviour Therapy in the UK and Ireland - see www.sfdbt.org.
Member of the International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy - see www.iceeft.com
Member of the British Emotionally Focused Therapy Centre (BEFT)
I have a wealth of experience providing counselling and psychotherapy in the NHS, third sector and privately. For a number of years I worked specifically with people experiencing difficulties with low mood/depression, anxiety and phobias where I supported them using techniques based on Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT). Since 2012 I have provided team-based Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) to people experiencing longer-term difficulties associated with self-harm, emotional instability, impulsivity and borderline personality disorder. This has been at an NHS personality disorder service and privately. Along with my colleagues at Mind-Reframed we have successfully supported over 250 private clients with similar difficulties since 2015.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
From £100.00 to £175.00
Concessions offered for
- Face to face and online individual sessions:
£100-£135 for counselling and psychotherapy
£135-£175 for dialectical-behaviour therapy
- Couple therapy:
£135 per session
- DBT skills classes:
£85 for 2-hour DBT skills class
£75 for 90-minute DBT skills class
- MBT Group Therapy:
£80 per 90-minute session
Training and consultancy
I offer peer consultation and training to individual therapists and teams interested in adding DBT and behavioural interventions to their psychotherapeutic work.