I now have availability for some face to face counselling sessions as well as remote sessions.
My name is Jemima Gee and I am a fully qualified person-centred counsellor. I am a registered member of the British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP) and I work within their Ethical Framework for Good Practice. My registration number is 373865. I also hold full indemnity insurance.
Choosing to have counselling can be a daunting step for some people to take and I fully understand that. As a person-centred counsellor I will work with you at your pace. I can provide you with a safe, confidential space to explore any worries, life changes, anxieties or issues that are causing you to feel uncomfortable, unhappy, alone, distressed, pained or confused. Feeling heard and supported is so important and I will listen to you and try to understand what life is like for you. Together we can explore your life, feelings and thoughts and look at resolving your difficulties.
I can offer both short term and long term counselling working with issues including, but not limited to:
- Self Harm
- Relationship Problems
- Self Esteem
I have experience and a good understanding of Autism Spectrum Disorder and ADHD and have worked with clients who have these conditions.
Building a good working therapeutic relationship is key to the counselling process and connecting with warmth is something I feel is a strength of mine. I will listen to you without judgement and respectfully explore what is troubling you. Reflecting on the things that you choose to share we may gain more awareness and insight in your difficulties. I'll be alongside you and support you on your personal journey. I always feel very privileged to be allowed into another person's world and value each and every person I work with.
I firmly believe in this quote:
'People start to heal the moment they feel heard'
Training, qualifications & experience
- CPCAB Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (2017)
- CPCAB Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies (2014)
- CPCAB Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills (2013)
- CPCAB Certificate in Introduction to Counselling Skills (2013)
- GDPR Training (2020)
- Action for Asperger's AGM (2020)
- Autism Awareness for Counsellors (2020)
- Online & Telephone Counselling - (2020)
- Working at Relational Depth - Mick Cooper (2020)
- TQUK Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism (RQF) (2019)
- Child Protection in Education - Educare Level 2 (2019)
- Dealing with Bereavement & Loss - Educare Level 2 (2019)
- Equality & Diversity - Educare Level 2 (2019)
- Mental Well-being in Children & Young People - Educare Level 2 (2019)
- Working at Relational Depth by Mick Cooper (2018)
- Autism Awareness Training (2018)
- Alcohol & Drug Awareness Training (2018)
- Safeguarding Training (2017)
- Emergency First Aid at Work Training (2017)
- The person centred way of working creatively with clients (2016)
- Owner & Counsellor, Lily Pad Counselling
- Counsellor, Action for Asperger's, Corby
- Volunteer Counsellor, Teamwork Counselling Service, Kettering
- Volunteer Counsellor, Youth Works Counselling Service, Kettering
- Volunteer Counsellor, Lemon Grove Counselling & Therapy, Kettering
- Volunteer Counsellor, Moulton College Student Counselling Service
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Concessions offered for
In-person face-to-face counselling, online counselling and telephone counselling
Free 30 minute introductory session
Full counselling session - £40 (50 minute session).
Fees are payable in advance of each session and are payable by cash or BACS.
My private practice is based in the small village of Ringstead in Northamptonshire, where the beautiful River Nene passes through. It is within easy reach of the A14 and A45 offering easy access from Wellingborough, Oundle, Thrapston, Rushden, Kettering, Corby and surrounding areas. My counselling room provides a comfortable, calm and private space in which to work. Please note access into the room is via a few steps. There is free off-road parking. Daytime and evening appointments are available.
If you would like to meet me, I would be pleased to arrange an initial appointment. I believe that it's really important that you feel comfortable working with me. I can offer an initial 30 minute session free of charge. That way we can meet and you can ask any questions and decide if you think that we can work together in a therapeutic way. If you'd like to contact me beforehand to discuss the way that I work, please do either call or email me.