Emma Weston - MA. Clinical Supervisor & Counsellor
I believe in creating a safe and confidential space to allow you to explore any issues that you wish to bring to therapy. I am a registered, qualified counsellor and a member of The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and I adhere to their ethical framework for the Counselling Professions & I am fully insured. I have a comfortable therapy room near Dorchester. I am warm, sincere, caring, and non judgemental.
We all experience times when things aren't going the way we might like. We can find ourselves anywhere from a bit grey and unhappy to extremely dark and depressed, overwhelmed, stressed and spun out. We can get stuck in negative patterns of thinking which are difficult to break, become worried or anxious about the future, or unable to reconcile past decisions. A neutral space to think and feel can be extremely useful. People come to counselling for a variety of reasons; it may be that you would like to:
- Develop better self awareness
- Work through a loss, bereavement, relationship break-up, or redundancy
- Increase your confidence, self-esteem or self-image
- Work on patterns of behaviour that may be causing you concern
- Discuss feelings of depression, anxiety, sadness, loneliness or emptiness
- Find more of a sense of purpose in life, to feel less stuck
- Try and resolve some issues from the past
- Feel more comfortable expressing your sexuality
Work through a situation currently affecting your work life
- Develop a better understanding of your relationship issues, your partner and yourself
- Be able to resolve a family conflict
Talk about something you have been bottling up
- Work on social skills to connect with people and make lasting friendships and relationships
- Develop better communication skills
- Be more assertive
Counselling may be able to offer insights into these and other concerns in a safe, confidential, genuine, accepting and non-judgmental environment. Contact me for a free telephone consultation.
I specialise in working with people with Autism Spectrum Conditions.
I am able to facilitate a range of well being and psycho-educational based workshops, as well as workshops on the Autism Spectrum and group therapy.
SUPERVISION FOR COUNSELLORS
I offer integrative supervision to counsellors and psychotherapists. Supervision is essential to how practitioners sustain their well being and good practice throughout their working life. Supervision provides regular and ongoing opportunities to reflect in depth about all aspects of practice, in order to work as effectively, safely and ethically as possible. Supervision also sustains the personal resourcefulness required to undertake the work.
Please get in touch to discuss your supervision requirements.
Training, qualifications & experience
I hold a MA in Counselling and Psychotherapy Practice (with merit), also a level 6 Certificate in Therapeutic Counselling Supervision, a level 5 Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling, and a level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling. My area of Masters research relates to the Autism Spectrum.
I am committed to undertaking regular continued professional development. I undertake a minimum of 30 hours CPD per year.
Continued Professional Development has included:
- Cruse Bereavement Training
- A Child's Grief
- Managing Anger in People with Asperger's Syndrome
- Sudden and Traumatic Death
- Working with Drug and Alcohol Addiction
- Working with Sex Addiction
- Working with Self Harm
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Attachment, Relationships, Autism and Learning
- Rewind Therapy Technique for Dealing with Trauma
- Transactional Analysis
- Working with Couples
- Solution-Focused Brief Therapy
- Attachment Theory
- Developing your Counselling Model
- Neuro-linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Mind-ed Training for Working with Children and Adolescents
- Workshops run by The National Autistic Society
- Motivational Interviewing
- Working with children and young people (Redlands Training)
- Exploring Attachment Narratives in Families - A Seminar with Professor Rudi Dallos
- GSRD - Gender, Sexuality and Relationship Diversity
I started my Counselling training in 2003 and for the past 7 years, I have undertaken voluntary counselling work for local charity, Autism Wessex, during this time I have specialised in working with people with Autism Spectrum Conditions and neurodiverse differences.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I specialise in working with people with Autism Spectrum Conditions, neurodiverse differences and related co-morbidities.
My fees are £45 per 50 minute session for individuals, I offer discounted rates to those in training or undertaking voluntary work. My fee is £65 for couples.
Supervision - Please feel free to contact me if you wish to know more or would like to book an initial appointment.
Please see my website for further information: www.emmawestoncounselling.com
As well as face to face appointments, I can offer online appointments and home visits where appropriate.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Appointments offered during the day and evenings.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I am a qualified and experienced counsellor and supervisor.