Emma Weston - MA in Counselling and Psychotherapy Practice, (MBACP)
I believe in creating a safe and confidential space to allow you to explore any issues that you wish to bring to therapy. I am a registered, qualified counsellor and a member of The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and I adhere to their ethical framework for the Counselling Professions & I am fully insured. I have a comfortable therapy room in Piddlehinton in the Piddle Valley near Dorchester and I also have a room in central Dorchester. For those that can't come to me, I can offer counselling online or by telephone. I am warm, sincere, caring, and non judgemental.
We all experience times when things aren't going the way we might like. We can find ourselves anywhere from a bit grey and unhappy to extremely dark and depressed, overwhelmed, stressed and spun out. We can get stuck in negative patterns of thinking which are difficult to break, become worried or anxious about the future, or unable to reconcile past decisions. A neutral space to think and feel can be extremely useful. People come to counselling for a variety of reasons; it may be that you would like to:
- Develop better self awareness
- Work through a loss, bereavement, relationship break-up, or redundancy
- Increase your confidence, self-esteem or self-image
- Work on patterns of behaviour that may be causing you concern
- Discuss feelings of depression, anxiety, sadness, loneliness or emptiness
- Find more of a sense of purpose in life, to feel less stuck
- Try and resolve some issues from the past
- Feel more comfortable expressing your sexuality
Work through a situation currently affecting your work life
- Develop a better understanding of your relationship issues, your partner and yourself
- Be able to resolve a family conflict
Talk about something you have been bottling up
- Work on social skills to connect with people and make lasting friendships and relationships
- Develop better communication skills
- Be more assertive
Counselling may be able to offer insights into these and other concerns in a safe, confidential, genuine, accepting and non-judgmental environment. Contact me for a free telephone consultation.
I am able to facilitate a range of well being and psycho-educational based workshops, as well as workshops on the Autism Spectrum and group therapy.
SUPERVISION FOR QUALIFIED COUNSELLORS
Please contact me to discuss your Counselling Supervision requirements. I am offering reduced rate supervision until November 2018.
Training, qualifications & experience
I hold a Master’s degree in Counselling and Psychotherapy Practice, also a level 4 diploma in Therapeutic Counselling, and a level 5 diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling. My area of Masters research relates to the Autistic Spectrum.
I am committed to undertaking regular continued professional development.
Continued Professional Development has included:
- Cruse Bereavement Training
- A Child's Grief
- Sudden and Traumatic Death
- Working with Drug and Alcohol Addiction
- Working with Sex Addiction
- Working with Self Harm
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Attachment, Relationships, Autism and Learning
- Rewind Therapy Technique for Dealing with Trauma
- Transactional Analysis
- Working with Couples
- Solution Focussed Brief Therapy
- Attachment Theory
- Developing your Counselling Model
- Neurolinguistic Programming (NLP)
- Minded Training for Working with Children and Adolescents
- Workshops run by The National Autistic Society
- Motivational Interviewing
I hold an Enhanced DBS Disclosure
I started my Counselling training in 2003 and for the past 6 years I have specialised in working with people with Autism Spectrum Conditions and neurodiverse differences.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I specialise in working with people with Autism Spectrum Conditions, related co-morbidities and issues and neurodiverse differences.
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
My fees are £40 per 50 minute session for individuals and £60 for couples.
I am able to offer a small number of concessionary rates to those on low income and to student counsellors.
Supervision - I am offering reduced rate supervision until November 2018.
Please feel free to contact me if you wish to know more or would like to book an appointment.
Please see my website for further information: www.emmawestoncounselling.com
As well as face to face appointments, I can offer appointments by telephone, online and home visits where appropriate.
CPD for professionals
I organise a range of workshops, these cost £60 each for a full day to include lunch and refreshments and a certificate of CPD. These workshops are based in Keinton Mandeville, Somerset and are facilitated by Solutions At Work. Please contact me if you wish to book a space on workshops as spaces are limited.
May 26th 2018 - Assertiveness
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Appointments offered during the day and evenings and Saturday by arrangement.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I am a qualified and experienced counsellor that's about to undertake CPCAB's level 6 certificate in supervision.