Liz Chesworth. Dip. Acc. Accred. & Registered
Are you looking for a counsellor in Monmouth and wondering if counselling is for you?
I offer caring and confidential counselling, helping you to explore your difficulties and what you are experiencing in your life at this time. I see those who have problems such as anxiety, depression, relationship issues, stress and also those with a variety of other difficulties as well.
I understand the courage it can take to make the decision to start counselling and can assure you that you will find my counselling style warm, supportive, holistic and respectful.
I offer the ability to just listen where life experiences and feelings need to be voiced and heard. I can help you to understand yourself more fully and find your own solutions to your problems. Depending on your difficulties, I can also equip you with techniques to help you to manage to live your life more fully.
I use an integrative counselling approach, which means I am trained in a variety of different approaches and skills. From these I tailor the counselling to suit the specific needs and circumstances of each individual. I can offer short term or long term counselling.
The first 30 minute appointment is free, where we will discuss what you would like to achieve through counselling, how I can help and if you are happy to make further appointments.
I am located near the centre of Monmouth, in a quiet, comfortable, private room, with parking.
You will find more information on my website www.monmouthcounselling.com
If you have any queries or to book an appointment, please do give me a ring and I will be pleased to talk to you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 2 Counselling
- Level 3 'Advanced' Counselling course.
- Level 4 Diploma in Counselling.
- ACC Accredited
- Currently a counsellor for The Brains Trust as well as my private practice
- Accredited Pregnancy and Infant Loss Counsellor. (The Foundation for Infant Loss.)
- Director of Philippi Guernsey Counselling Service.
- Professional counsellor with Philippi Guernsey Counselling service
- My own private practice in Guernsey and Woking, Surrey.
- Background in nursing, qualified at the John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford. Worked in hospital and primary care.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Asperger's syndrome
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Photos & videos
First 30 minute appointment is free for individuals.
Further sessions are 50-60 min's.
For individuals £40.
Skype or telephone counselling for individuals £40.
Couples counselling £50 (there is no free session, though there is pre assessment contact.)
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Thursday.
Types of client