07783 181 317
I am a qualified, experienced counsellor working in Winchester. I run a private practice from a warm and comfortable office in town where you can be heard and supported in complete confidence.
Life can get complicated and challenging. Do you recognise some of the following thoughts and feelings?
* Why do I seem to get into the same difficulties again and again with my relationships?
* I used to enjoy life but I have lost my sense of purpose and motivation.
* I have lost my confidence.
* I feel strong emotions that I cannot control.
* There are some painful things in my past, I would like to talk about it but I am afraid or I feel ashamed, I don't want to be judged or labelled.
* Everything is scary.
* I have lost someone dear.
* I feel overwhelmed with my parenting responsibilities.
* I feel nothing.
* I have panic attacks.
* I feel angry or sad most of the time.
* I want to change something that is not working for me, but I don't know how.
* I have a big decision to make and I dont know where to start.
* I don't want to open up to friends or family members because I don't want to burden them with my 'stuff'.
Professional counselling can make a real difference in understanding what is happening to you and why, and how you can implement lasting changes in how you experience the world and how you relate to yourself and others. You can learn to change your usual negative reactions and adopt a more positive and resilient attitude to life.
My experience includes working with adults and young adults living with attachment issues, depression, anxiety, panic, loss and stress, lack of motivation or direction in life; people living with terminal illnesses; parents; workplace and relationship issues; survivors of sexual violence and abuse.
I have worked as a counsellor in a variety of settings such as Universities, NHS cancer units and medical practices, charities and local council-aided establishments.
I work mainly with Transactional Analysis, which is a theory of personality and a communication tool that implements simple, positive and rapid changes. I also use other modalities and schools of thoughts, depending on your needs.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am registered with The British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP) and the Hampshire Association Of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (HACP).
I am a Reiki Master and a mindfulness practitioner and I offer psychotherapy in English and in French.
- FdA Humanistic Counselling (Merit), Middlesex University.
- PGCE French - English, King Alfred's college, Winchester.
- BA Law, History and History of Art, Sorbonne university, Paris.
- Cancer counsellor, War Memorial Hospital, Andover.
- RASAC (Rape and Sexual Abuse Centre) counsellor, Winchester.
- St Francis' GP surgery counsellor, Chandlers Ford.
- Southampton University counsellor (students and staff).
- Friends of the Family counsellor, Winchester.
- Private practice, Winchester.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Reiki Master and mindfulness practitioner.
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Compassion-Focused Therapy
- Humanistic therapies
Individual 50mn sessions are £50. You can book and pay one session at a time or do a block-booking via BACS before sessions start. A 24 hour notice is requested for non-attendance, and payment will be due for a shorter notice.
Concession rate £35 for trainee counsellors, the unemployed, students and seniors (60+).
I offer a free 30mn initial session.
The number of sessions will vary with your needs, perhaps you only seek a few sessions, perhaps you are looking for a longer therapy. We will have regular checks on what feels right for you and whether we are staying on tracks. Our initial therapy plan can be reviewed at any time, because life happens!
Private practice in central Winchester in a safe and comfortable setting, with a council car park nearby (free after 6pm), and opposite a bus stop (City Road stop).
Unfortunately Disabled access is not available into the building.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||French (Native speaker)|
Day sessions available 10am - 5 pm. Evening sessions available 7- 9 pm.
Types of client