I am a qualified, experienced and compassionate psychotherapist working in Winchester. I run a private practice from my house, where you will be heard and supported in complete confidence. Due to the pandemic I currently work online until further notice.
Life can get complicated and challenging. Do you recognise some of the following situations, thoughts and feelings?
- Why do I get into the same difficulties again and again with my relationships?
- I am going through a painful divorce or separation.
- I am not so sure now about getting engaged/married/moving in together.
- I have lost my sense of self-confidence and motivation.
- I have lost my job and my sense of life purpose.
- I feel strong emotions that I cannot manage.
- There are some painful things in my past or my present that I would like to talk about, but I am afraid or I feel ashamed. I don't want to be judged or labelled.
- Everything is scary.
- I am emotionally struggling with serious health issues.
- I have lost someone dear.
- I feel overwhelmed by my family roles and responsibilities.
- I am experiencing difficulties with someone in my family or a close friend.
- I feel nothing.
- I am grieving the loss of my pet.
- I can't sleep.
- I feel stuck in a rut.
- I feel lost.
- I feel confused about a lot of things.
- I have issues around food.
- Why can't I get on with people?
- I am experiencing panic attacks/depression/apathy/procrastination.
- I feel angry most of the time.
- I have phobias.
- I have been diagnosed with PTSD.
- I have issues with my self-image and/or my sex life.
- I want to change something that is not working for me, but I don't know how to go about it.
- I have a big decision to make and I don't know where to start.
- I want to know myself better so that I can enjoy life more.
- I can't open up to friends or family members because I don't want to burden them with my 'stuff' or upset them.
Professional therapy can help you understand what is happening to you and why. It can also help you implement lasting changes in how you experience the world and how you relate to yourself and others. You can learn to recognise and change your usual negative or destructive behaviourial patterns, and adopt a more positive, confident and resilient attitude to life.
My experience includes working with adults and young adults living with relationship issues, depression, anxiety, panic, bereavement, loss and stress, lack of motivation or direction in life, lack of self-awareness, painful memories, shame and guilt; people living with terminal illnesses and the impact on their families; parents and young people with family issues; workplace, career and relationship issues; divorce and separation; food and self-image issues; retirement issues; survivors of sexual violence and abuse; people facing difficult life choices.
I work as a therapist in a variety of settings such as Universities, NHS cancer units and medical practices, charities and local council-aided establishments, as well as running my own private practice.
I work mainly with Transactional Analysis, which is a theory of personality and a communication tool that implements simple, positive and rapid changes. I also use CBT and other modalities, depending on your needs.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am registered with The British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP) and the Hampshire Association Of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (HACP).
I am a Reiki Master and a mindfulness practitioner. I offer psychotherapy in English and in French.
Qualifications and experience:
- FdA Hons Humanistic Counselling, Winchester and Middlesex University.
- Holistic body therapist, Eastleigh college.
- PGCE French - English, King Alfred's college, Winchester.
- BA Law, History and History of Art, Sorbonne university, Paris.
- Cancer psychotherapist, War Memorial Hospital, Andover.
- RASAC (Rape and Sexual Abuse Centre) psychotherapist, Winchester.
- St Francis' GP surgery NHS psychotherapist, Chandlers Ford.
- Southampton University psychotherapist (students and staff).
- Friends of the Family psychotherapist, Winchester.
- Psychotherapist in private practice, Winchester.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Reiki Master and mindfulness practitioner.
All sessions are 50 mn long. Longer sessions are available pro-rata.
One-to-one sessions £55, students, seniors (60+), in-training, low income, key workers £38, 2-people sessions £70 (£35 per person).
I offer an initial 30mn session priced at £25, where you can present your issues and decide whether you are comfortable working with me.
You can book and pay for one session at a time. Payment is accepted by BACS only, within 24 hours of the session. You can also do a block-booking of 3 or 6 sessions. Full Payment for block-bookings is due before the start of the sessions. I regret that cheques are not accepted.
Please note: sessions cancelled on the day are due in full unless we can re-book within 2 working days.
The number of sessions can vary, from short therapy over a few weeks, to longer therapy. I will contract with you on what you want to achieve, and we will check regularly on whether we are on tracks. Our initial therapy contract can be reviewed at any time according to your changing needs.
Concessions offered for
Day sessions available 9am - 5 pm.
Evening sessions available 6 - 8 pm.
Currently, online sessions only, on Whatsapp, Facetime or Messenger.
I will return to face-to-face work when it is safe for everyone to do so.