Beth Roberts Dip.Couns BACP
I believe that counselling can help us live a more authentic, meaningful and less stressful life and this is what I like to help people to achieve.
I am a compassionate and creative counsellor experienced in helping people with a variety of issues including depression, anxiety, anger, panic, trauma, stress, relationship difficulties, identity struggles, bereavement and loss. Using different approaches - depending on your individual story - my counselling can help you:
• have a greater sense of self and purpose
• improve confidence and sense of self-worth
• feel a greater sense of freedom and autonomy in your life
• have more healthy and congruent relationships
• access and express your feelings
• reach important life goals
• improve mind-body connection
• manage anger
• heal from trauma and move on in life
As I am an Integrative Counsellor it means that I can use lots of different methods to help you. Here is my style of counselling in a nutshell:
• I believe that the answers are within you so I will support you to find them
• I work in a holistic way to enable greater communication between body and mind
• I work in both the here-and-now and the past, including childhood, as I believe that all our experiences shape us
• I can help you understand and work on your relationship patterns
• If you are creative I can bring creativity into the counselling room including working with stories, objects and art.
My life coaching qualifications also mean I can offer very goal focused therapy if this is something you are interested in.
I offer both long term and short-term counselling in Oxford (OX4) and Banbury (OX16). Each session lasts 50 minutes and they are weekly. I offer both daytime and evening sessions, depending on availability. Telephone and Skype counselling are also offered, if that is your preference.
Taking the next step
I understand that starting counselling can be tough. I am therefore happy to have a no-obligation chat via phone or email to give you a chance to ask any questions you may have. The reduced cost for the first session gives you a chance to see if my counselling might be right for you. If, for any reason, I am not the best match, I can offer alternative suggestions.
Training, qualifications & experience
As a fully qualified integrative counsellor (CPCAB Dip Therapeutic Counselling) and a registered member of the BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy), I adhere to an ethical framework, which promotes safe, effective counselling.
I have experience of working in a general counselling service, with young people and with survivors of abuse.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have done a lot of work with clients around identity. This has been both with adults and young people, particularly young women who feel lost and benefit from getting in touch with their core self and values.
£25 for 50 minute introductory session to see if we are a good fit and £45 for each session after that.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client