Below is an introduction to my counselling practice. I am an experienced and fully qualified professional counsellor and psychotherapist.
- What form of therapy do you provide?
I provide an integrative counselling experience; this means I utilise aspects of several models of therapy to suit individual circumstances. It is unrealistic to expect one model of therapy to meet everyone's needs, therefore having access to several models provides an approach that is tailored to each individual's needs. I also believe that therapy should be a collaborative experience where we work together to find solutions.
- How does this work in practice?
Many clients are in a cycle of therapy and regression, therapy alleviates the symptoms but at some stage the symptoms may return. I utilise a range of creative/experiential methods with the goal of finding a longer term solution.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA (Hons) Counselling
- Diploma of Higher Education in Counselling
- DipIFS (Financial Planning)
- Financial Services - 20 years (advising institutions, professional bodies, local authorities and individuals).
- Engineer RAF - 15 years
I’m a registered member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy. I adhere to the principles of practice outlined in the BACP’s Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions (July 2016). Additionally, I am a member of the Association of Christian Counsellors (ACC).
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Compassion-Focused Therapy
- Couples counselling
My fees are determined by income as below:
- Full time student/in receipt of benefits £25
- Earning between £12k - £35k £40
- Earn Earning between £35k - £50k £60
- Earning above £50k - £80
I have experience of working in a busy NHS medical practice, an addiction centre and in Church counselling services.
Therapy may be short term or open ended. I have experience of both and recognise the value of each in the right circumstances; we can discuss what might be best for you during our first session. Sessions last 50 minutes and generally take place at the same time each week.
I offer counselling at Richmond and Kensington, London. I also provide on-line counselling where a relationship has been established initially face to face.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime and evening appointments available.
Types of client