Ali Sanchez BSc Hons MBPsS Dip. Couns MBACP
Are you finding life difficult? overwhelmed with relationship or family issues, depression, anxiety, trauma, addictions, disorders? Finding it hard to cope, feeling lonely, confused, lost and uncertain what to do without someone who can listen and understand you?
During difficult times in your life you may need someone to talk to and listen to you or just be quiet with. Often this is not possible with your partner, family or friends and you may need to get an important, different perspective from someone who is not part of your life.
I am a qualified and well experienced Psychotherapist and Counsellor and work with individuals, couples, young and older people in a safe, peaceful and comfortable environment. I offer face to face counselling with individuals and couples, providing help and support with life issues. Importantly this can help with coping, increasing personal awareness, understanding and making positive life changes.
The quality of the therapeutic relationship is central to a positive outcome in counselling and very important in my work.
I will build a trusting therapeutic relationship and work with you safely and confidentially to help you understand your past, deal with present difficulties and explore your hopes. This can be a time of self discovery and can involve drawing on your own personal strengths and resources to bring hope and a more positive future and reaching your life goals.
Our work can involve exploring and sharing the past, present and future within our counselling relationship.I always aim to provide a place of safety which can encourage you to share your sometimes difficult/uncomfortable feelings, thinking and behaviours. Although difficult experiences in your past cannot be changed we can work together on how these impact your life now and how to process any difficult emotions that remain with these.The focus here is on the ‘here and now’ helping you to cope and be in control of your life
I adopt an integrative theoretical approach to my counselling using a range of counselling models which include: Solution Focussed Brief Therapy (SFBT), Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (cbt), Schema Therapy, Psychoanalysis, Transactional Analysis, Gestalt, Dialectical Behavioural Therapy and elements of Inner Child Therapy. My approach is eclectic I always adapt my skills to meet your individual needs rather than you adapting to fit my way of working.
I offer a non-judgemental approach, without discrimination on any grounds -sex, race, religion, class, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity. My approach will vary depending on your specific needs , I tailor my counselling work to my client’s needs which is the most important thing. I am particularly experienced in working with clients:
- Mental Health issues: Anxiety; Depression; Feeling sad; Stress; O.C.D; Panic disorder; General Anxiety Disorder; Post Natal Depression; Social Anxiety; Phobias.
- Relationship issues: Couples; Family issues; Separation & Divorce; Affairs & Betrayals; Sex Problems; Attachment disorder; Child related issues, in-laws.
- Addictions: Alcohol; Drugs; Gambling; Internet; Sex, Porn; Eating; Spending.
- Difficult childhoods: Abuse - emotional; physical; sexual, Trauma; Bullying; Neglect.
- Self: Low self esteem; Low confidence/self esteem, Identity issues, Sadness, Aspergers, Dyslexia, Eating Disorders; Work problems; Bereavement; Self-harm; Anger Management.
I have worked in various settings including private practice, public, private and voluntary sectors, here I have gained experience of working with clients from all walks of life, including different nationalities, ethnicities, religions and sexual orientations.This has given me extensive experience of working with mental health issues, relationship problems, addictions, difficult childhoods and traumas. This combined with my varied helping work with people, my studies and life experiences have proven very useful in my counselling work with people including: depression, anxiety, panic, addictions, relationship issues, low self-esteem, abuse, educational difficulties, bereavement and anger.
Everyone experiences a time in their life when they need some help, this is perfectly normal but finding a therapist to work with can be daunting. Taking that first step and making contact is so important; I will always come back to you as soon as possible.
Having counselling can be a time of self discovery which involves exploring and understanding feelings. thinking, behaviour, relationships, addictions and developing your personal strengths and resources to bring a more positive future. If you are experiencing a time in your life when you need some help, this is perfectly normal. Coming to counselling can be the start of finding answers; gaining personal understanding, awareness and making positive changes.
I believe that you are an individual with your own values and ideas and you can discover solutions to your life’s difficulties. I believe in developing a trusting therapeutic relationship where you can safely explore your thinking and emotions and issues.I will help you without you losing sight of your own important things.
Taking that first step in asking for help and coming to counselling can be hard, I am happy for you to call me first to see if I am able to help you and answer any questions that you may have. If you would like to talk with me confidentially please call me on 07539303698.
“I have benefited from Alison’s expertise. She has a very acute, incisive mind combined with a warm, friendly and welcoming manner. As a therapist she can help you work through current problems and facilitate understanding of their roots. Her background in Psychology gives her an in-depth knowledge and understanding of human behaviour, motivations and problems.” C. Bracknell
"I wanted to thank you for all the help you have given me in our sessions I have achieved so much with your guidance. I have definitely turned a corner and can now understand and 'see' things properly for myself, have been able to get to the root of my issues, my feelings and my problem thinking. I am a much happier and content individual, thanks"
“A great therapist who is so experienced and really understands and knows what she’s talking about a lovely lady who has helped me through a lot so far the journey has only just begun would recommend Ali to everyone” K. Sandhurst
"I felt able to trust you and share my personal story which was difficult at times but with your support and guidance I was able to close the door on my past and arrive at a better place in my life. I can now look at things differently and am coping with life's ups and downs."
Training, qualifications & experience
- 1st class BSc Honours degree in Psychology
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (CPCAB)
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling studies
- Certificate in Couples Counselling
- BACP Reg. member
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency
- BPS graduate member
- Attachment and co-regulation: the neurobiology of relationship
- Drug and Alcohol Awareness Training
- Trauma, Memory and the Restoration of One’s Self
- Addiction, Trauma and Adverse Childhood Experiences
- Internal Family Systems
- Men in Therapy
- Mindfulness and Psychotherapy
- Assertiveness training
- Anger Workshop
- Conflict styles
- Trauma healing
- Neuroscience of Trauma, effective Trauma treatment, Intensive Trauma Treatment Course with Bessel van der Kolk
- Schema Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Solution Focussed Therapy
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Dissociative Identity disorder
- Psychotherapy with Couples
- Personality Workshop
- Group Analysis in 21st century
- Eating Disorders
- Private Practice
- ARC Counselling
- New Hope drug & alcohol agency
- Couples Counselling
- Telephone Counselling
- Online Counselling
I am a registered member of the BACP British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy - (registration number 651901).
I am a graduate member of The British Psychological Society (BPS) (registration number 097748).
I undertake Continuous Professional Development (CPD) this is an essential part of my practice in terms of keeping up-to-date with new approaches and thinking and abiding by the requirements of the BACP.
I abide by the BACP Ethical Framework.
I have comprehensive professional public liability Counsellors' insurance.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Attachment and Developmental issues
- Schema Therapy and Inner Child Therapy elements
- Autism and Aspergers
- Alcohol and Drugs related issues
- Family & Friends of people with addictions
- Step family difficulties
- Coping with Dementia, Alzheimers
- BPD and DBT therapy
- Gambling addiction
- Bereavement and grief
- Identity issues
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
- Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy
- Family/systemic therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Human Givens psychotherapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Jungian therapy
- Other therapies
- Person-centred therapy
- Psychoanalytical and psychodynamic
Photos & videos
£60 for individuals, £75 for couples - 1 Hour.
I offer concessions for people on low income and trainees
Appointments daytime, evenings and weekends.
Please see my web site www.memyselfandwhy.co.uk
Counselling with me is in a separate room in my garden in a quiet, peaceful and private setting with its own driveway for parking. Situated in a central position in Crowthorne, Berkshire – close to Camberley, Yateley, Wokingham, Bagshot, Bracknell, Sandhurst, Farnborough, Bagshott, Eversley, Reading with easy access to M3, M4 & A30. Separate entrance and private driveway to park and ensure confidentiality.
Therapies offered include: Solution Focussed Brief Therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Systemic therapy, Integrative, Schema Therapy, Inner Child Therapy elements, Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (dbt), Person-Centred, Transactional Analysis, Psychodynamic.
I incorporate creativity in my work:- Button tree, Shells, Emotion stones, Dolls, Writing, Drawing and offer inner child work.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekdays, evenings and weekend availability
Types of client