I am an experienced Psychodynamic Counsellor/ Psychotherapist and have done Post Graduate training in CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy). Couple Counselling (Relate Trained) and Supervision of Psychotherapy.(WPF). I am BACP accredited, registered with UKCP and a member of FPC, I abide by these codes of professional conduct. The type of Counselling I can offer is; Long term open ended Counselling/ Psychotherapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Couple Counselling and Supervision of Psychotherapy/Counselling.
Sessions are weekly, usually at the same time. I can also offer Counsellor Supervision for individuals & groups. I have worked for 12 years as a Counsellor and Assessment Counsellor and have worked for 6 years as a Supervisor of Psychotherapists. Prior to this I worked for many years as a psychologist and RGN/RMN within the NHS in Forensic Psychiatry.
The personal relationship is important in this type of work and I believe that I am warm, non judgemental and able to empathise with all human dilema's.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc Hons Degree in Psychology
- Diploma & Advanced Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling (WPF)
- Post Graduate Cert in CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) (WPF)
- Post Grad Cert in Relate Couple Counselling (Systemic Psychotherapy)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Supervision (WPF)
- BACP Accredited
- UKCP Registered (United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapists)
- UKRC Registered Independent Counsellor
- BAPPS (British Association of Psychoanalytic & Psychodynamic Supervision)
- Member of FPC (Foundation for Psychotherapy and Counselling)
- In addition to my private practice I have worked for many years as a Counsellor, Assessor & Supervisor within a network of charitable Counselling Centres linked to a training organisatio
- I have many years experience in Mental health (NHS) Psychologist, Registered General/Psychiatric Nurse.
- Career Counselling
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
UK Council for Psychotherapy
The UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) is a leading professional body for the education, training and regulation of psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors. Its register is accredited by the government's Professional Standards Authority.
As part of its commitment to protect the public, it works to improve access to psychotherapy, to support and disseminate research, to improve standards and to respond effectively to complaints against its members.
UKCP standards cover the range of different psychotherapies. Registration is obtained by training or accrediting with one of its member organisations, or by holding a European Certificate in Psychotherapy. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Loneliness, depression and anxiety.
- Bereavement or loss.
- Emotional, physical or sexual abuse.
- Difficulties in relationships.
- Issues around sexuality or gender.
- Retirement, redundancy, unemployment.
- Looking for meaning in life.
- Addiction, eating disorder, self harm.
- Low confidence,poor self image.
- Life change or crisis.
- Supervision of Counselling/Psychotherapy
- £55 per session - individuals.
- £55 per session - supervision of counselling/ psychotherapy.
- £65 per session -couples.
- Some reduction available depending on circumstances and for counselling / therapy students.
My consulting room is in Brookmans Park and there is ample parking.
I am more then happy to discuss any concerns or questions over the telephone or by email.
The decision to come for Counselling is a big one and we can meet and have a one off session to discuss your options if you would prefer this.