Kate Osterloh MA, MUCKP
136 Hither Green Lane
Are you experiencing feelings of anxiety, depression, loneliness or stress? Do you feel trapped in your current circumstances or not know which direction to take? I can offer you support. I am a professionally qualified, UKCP registered psychotherapist with a private practice in Hither Green and Blackheath, and online via Skype. I offer therapy to individuals who are facing a wide range of personal problems and life issues. I particularly specialise in working with anxiety, stress and destructive behaviour patterns including addiction.
I offer a safe, welcoming space in which you can talk freely. I will not judge you, direct you, or set goals for the therapy. My role is to facilitate a process whereby you can find your own meanings, truths and solutions.
I draw on a number of therapeutic approaches and tailor my approach to your specific needs. I am most extensively trained in the existential approach, which emphasises the human condition as a whole. This approach is concerned with clarifying what it means to be alive and how we can best live a meaningful life. A human being is not viewed as having a fixed self but as a being capable of an enormous range of experience and action.
I also incorporate mindfulness in my approach to therapy. Mindfulness can significantly change the way we relate to difficult feelings and experiences and has been shown to reduce stress and help with depression and anxiety.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA (Hons) Philosophy
- MA Existential Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Diploma Existential Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Certificate Existential Counselling & Psychotherapy
- The Therapeutics of Mindfulness based Stress Reduction: 6 week course
- Brief Therapy Certificate: 4 day intensive course
- Traumatic Incident Reduction (TIR): 3 day course – method of effectively reducing traumatic stress.
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy: 4 day course and 10 week module during MA.
- Positive Parenting Programme: Trained and accredited to support parents in groups and individually with parenting difficulties.
I have completed a Masters Degree in Existential Psychotherapy from The New School of Psychotherapy and Counselling in Waterloo, London. I also undertake a minimum of 30 hours Continuing Professional Development per year.
I have over twelve years’ experience of therapeutic work gained in private practice, voluntary counselling work, substance misuse and mental health services. Since 2015 I have also worked as a specialist mentor, providing mentoring support for students with mental health problems.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
£60 (Hither Green) – per 50 minute session £65 (Blackheath)
Discount offered for psychotherapy students.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime and evening appointments available for face to face sessions. Skype sessions available, daytime, evening and weekends.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|