In light of current government guidelines, face-to-face and online video (via Zoom) counselling is now available.
Do your thoughts and feelings seem to get in the way of living a meaningful life? Perhaps you're not doing things that matter to you because anxiety, depression, negative thinking stops you? This is common for all of us.
To live a meaningful life, we must be willing to experience uncomfortable thoughts, feelings and sensations. I help clients develop this willingness.
My Integrative training had led me to draw on several therapies to best address your individual needs - amongst other approaches, this includes Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT).
I have experience and training working with both adults and young people (11+) on a range of issues including relationships and families, attachment and developmental trauma, depression, anxiety, stress, anger, self-esteem and confidence, major life changes, bereavement, etc.
Working as a Counsellor gives me great satisfaction by helping clients:
· improve quality of life and gain a greater sense of identity
· learn to interact with thoughts differently, including mindfulness skills and gratitude
· fully experience their feelings rather than bury or control them
· practice acceptance of the things/events that are beyond our control
· explore values to guide life's choices and live a more meaningful life
· enjoy more enriching and successful relationships
· develop coping skills to deal with past issues or current problems, including those arising from adverse childhood experiences (ACEs)
I am a registered Adoption Counsellor with LINK/Barnardo's and can offer a Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy (DDP) informed practice for families living with issues regarding attachment, trauma and Adverse Childhood Experiences or ACEs. I am currently training to become a qualified DDP Practitioner. DDP is informed by Dan Hughes' PACE model (Playfulness, Acceptance, Curiosity, Empathy) and focuses on Therapeutic Parenting.
Please feel free to call or email for an informal discussion. I offer a 20 minute consultation free of charge.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA Honours Psychology
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling
- Certificate in Integrative Counselling
- Adoption Counsellor Training - Registration number 59923 (Barnardo's/LINK)
- Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy (DDP) Levels 1 & 2
- Therapeutic Parenting
- Attachment and Trauma
- CBT Skills for Children & Adolescents
- CBT Skills for Adults
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
- Depression and Anxiety in Young People
- Building Resilience
- Child Protection and Safeguarding
- Self-harm and Suicide
- Helping with Obesity
- Working with Sexual Abuse
- Art and Sand Tray Therapy
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£50.00 per session
Free initial in-person, telephone or online session
EAP/Health Insurance Providers
Sessions are normally for 50 minutes:
- £50 per individual session
- £65 per family session
- Some concessions may be available so please ask
I also currently work as a Clinical Practitioner in Therapeutic Parenting/Care for an Independent Fostering Agency and have several years experience as a School Counsellor (senior school).
My private practice in Lymington High Street is easily accessible to New Forest locations including New Milton, Lyndhurst and the Waterside. Free street parking, paid carparks, bus and train stops are within walking distance.
I have a current enhanced DBS certificate and hold Professional Civil Liability Insurance.