BSc (Hons) BA (Hons) DipHE MBA MBPsS MBACP
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Hello and welcome. I'm Lucy, a fully qualified and experienced person-centred counsellor and psychotherapist based in Twyford, near Winchester. I offer warm, non-judgemental, empathic counselling and psychotherapy where you can explore what’s going on for you freely in a safe, supportive and collaborative environment.
Person-centred therapy is a refreshing therapeutic method; "walking" with you, employing empathic understanding and non-judgemental warmth and acceptance, respecting and trusting your inner resources, supporting you on your journey towards reconnecting with your personal power, self-trusting and movement, for healing, self-acceptance, change and growth.
I understand approaching counselling can be daunting and therefore offer a free 30-minute consultation to explore what you are looking for and what person-centred counselling and psychotherapy can offer you.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a qualified person-centred counsellor and psychotherapist and a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). With experience in the voluntary and private sectors, I have worked with a well known local counselling charity, a bereavement charity and a sexual and domestic abuse charity and now run a successful private practice.
I work part-time as a Group Personal Development Facilitator for Diploma Level Counselling Students at Southampton City College.
- 1st class BA (Hons) Person-Centred Counselling and Psychotherapy, Middlesex University (this is a BACP accredited course)
- BSc (Hons) Psychology, University of Southampton
- Diploma (DipHE) in Person-Centred Counselling (Distinction), Middlesex University
- MBA, University of Southampton
- Certificate in Counselling Skills (Distinction), Southampton City College
- Certificate in Person-Centred Couples & Relationship Counselling
- Certificates in Safeguarding Training (Hidden Harm; Protecting Children; Young People and Adults at Risk; Safeguarding Adults; Awareness of Child Abuse)
- Online Therapy Institute “Moving your practice Online”
- BACP online and telephone course / COVID-19 Primer
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Free initial telephone or online session
Concessions offered for
I offer a free 30-minute telephone consultation as an opportunity for me to share how I work and answer any of your questions for you to decide whether you feel therapy with me is right for you.
All individual counselling sessions following initial consultation are 50 minutes.
My standard fee for these sessions is £60.
Face-to-face sessions are held at my practice in Twyford, Winchester, but telephone and zoom appointments are also welcome and available. I also offer 'walk and talk' therapy in and around Twyford.
Couples / relationship counselling
£70 for 60 mins or £105 for 90 mins. Couples therapy is offered face-to-face or via zoom.
- Member of British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- MBPsS (Graduate Member of the British Psychological Society (UK))
- Member of the Hampshire Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (HACP)
- Member of the Person-Centred Association (tPCA)
- Full personal indemnity and professional liability insurance
- Enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check
- Registered with the ICO (Information Commissioner's Office)