Lucy Harrison Individual Member BACP HND Counselling Skills Theory and Practice
Welcome to my profile. Choosing a counsellor to support and help you in working through difficult thoughts and feelings that are affecting you can be difficult. Needing some effective support is something most of us go through at some point in life. Having counselling is about trying to understand and reflect and process in an effective way what is going on for you. I have years of experience in working with anxiety, depression, co- dependency, stress, sadness, addiction and many of the myriad of other issues life can throw at us.
I have an integrative approach to counselling, with my core principles being in a person centered approach. Over the years I have trained in other disciplines so I can meet the needs of more people as not one approach fits or suits all.
By acknowledging you need some help you have already come a long way.Talking to a professional counsellor in a welcoming and warm space can make a real difference to how you cope and live your life and how it moves forward for you.
I have over thirteen years of experience working full time as a professional counsellor.
I welcome you to contact me for your initial consultation to discuss your needs and see if I am best suited to help you. The areas that I offer counselling in can be seen lower down on my profile.
It is a brave decision to seek counselling. But from my private therapy room in Ilkley I offer a safe space where you will be warmly accepted and effectively supported. My focus is on you and your needs.
I have worked in women’s counselling service, drug and alcohol services along side the NHS and have worked in schools as a child and family counsellor. I look forward to hearing from you.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a fully qualified professional counsellor and a member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). I work to the BACP Ethical Framework and I have regular supervision.
My qualifications and training include:
- Higher National Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Skills
- Cognitive Behavioural Coping Skills
- Motivational Interviewing
- CAMHS Training: Self Harm, Understanding ADHD
- Safeguarding Young People & Adults
- Raising Awareness in Child Protection in the Voluntary and Independent Sector
- Self Harm and Risk Taking Behaviours
- Debt Crisis
- Think Family
- Equal Opportunities
- Eating Disorders
- Harm Reduction in Drug and Alcohol Abuse
- Working with Children, Young People and Families
- Understanding Islam
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
I charge £40 an hour for 1-1 work. Your initial consultation is free so you and I can work out if we would work well together. We can do this either by phone or in person.
I also have an understanding of the 12 Step fellowships if you are attending meetings.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am sorry but my room does not have wheelchair access, there are steps down into the garden which you need to be able to navigate.
Evenings and weekends .
Types of client