Lorraine Phillips MBACP (Accredited) Counsellor/Psychotherapist & Supervisor
I am a BACP accredited counsellor/psychotherapist. I have been practising for more than 14 years and have a wide range of experience working with adults, young people/children, couples/relationships and groups.
I provide a confidential space where we can explore what is happening for you. You may know why you feel the way you do and there may be something specific that you would like to talk through with someone - anxious feelings, low mood, a bereavement or relationship difficulties for example. Or you may not know why, and we can look at this together. I will work with the issues you bring.
Sometimes it can be difficult to make the first step. I offer a non-judgemental and empathic space - the emphasis on developing a relationship that can help to facilitate change and more understanding of your experiences.
Please contact me by email, text or phone call:
- for further information, or
- a free initial phone discussion.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post Graduate Diploma Counselling Studies (Level 7)
- Diploma in Person-Centred Counselling
- Advanced Certificate in Therapeutic Play
- Post Diploma Certificate in Couples/Relationship counselling
- Training for Trainers
- Certificate in Counselling
- Post Graduate Certificate in Counselling Supervision (Level 7)
- Mindfulness - Advanced Teacher Training
- Level 1 EFT
- Accredited member of BACP
- DBS enhanced
- Safeguarding L2
Other areas of training:
Couples/relationship counselling, Existential Therapy, Working with addiction, Mindfulness for stress, NSPCC Safeguarding Training, Hypnotherapy (BACP approved training), CBT/Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, Trauma & PTSD, Loss & Grief, Self-harm, Family Systems, Child Protection, Safeguarding, Child Development, Creative Work with Children; Mental Health Referrals, Working with Groups, Legal Issues working with Children (BACP), Drug & Alcohol Awareness, Domestic Violence, Suicide, Working with Families...
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Family issues
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Fees for counselling services
£50 for individuals £65 couples/relationship
Fees for supervision:
£35 for counsellors in training £45 qualified counsellors
- I am a BACP accredited counsellor.
- I have more than 14 years experience.
- I have wide experience and worked in organisations, education, charities & private practice.
- I work to the BACP ethical framework.
- I offer a confidential and professional service.
- I'm based in Knutsford in a private setting, easily accessible from East & West Cheshire, Stockport, Trafford, Greater Manchester.
- Enhanced DBS check.
- Safeguarding Training L2
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I'm on the second floor via a staircase. Please contact me to discuss alternative arrangements.
Daytime and evening sessions 0830-2000. Some weekend availability. Please enquire by phone, text or email.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I am a qualified and experienced supervisor. For me supervision is about the development of a collaborative relationship that enables us to explore your client work, and for you to gain insight into your practice.View supervision profile