Lorraine Phillips MBACP(Accred) Counsellor - Adults/Young People/Relationships
Hi I'm Lorraine. My counselling practice is based on creating a trusting relationship so you feel able to explore what is happening in your life. It can be hard to make the first step to come to counselling and ask for help. I will work with the issues you bring, to help you explore your feelings. I offer a non-judgemental and empathic space - the emphasis on developing a relationship that can facilitate change you want to make in your life. I work with adults, young people/children, couples/relationships and groups.
I am a BACP accredited counsellor with more than 14 years experience and I have wide experience and worked in organisations, education, charities & private practice.
Please contact me by email, text or phone call:
- for further information, or
- a free initial phone discussion.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post Graduate Diploma Counselling Studies (Level 7)
- Diploma in Person-Centred Counselling
- Advanced Certificate in Therapeutic Play
- Post Diploma Certificate in Couples/Relationship counselling
- Training for Trainers
- Certificate in Counselling
- Post Graduate Certificate in Counselling Supervision (Level 7)
- Registered Accredited member of BACP
Other areas of training:
Couples/relationship counselling, Existential Therapy, Working with addiction, Mindfulness for stress, NSPCC Safeguarding Training, Hypnotherapy (BACP approved training), CBT/Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, Trauma & PTSD, Loss & Grief, Self-harm, Family Systems, Child Protection, Safeguarding, Child Development, Creative Work with Children; Mental Health Referrals, Working with Groups, Legal Issues working with Children (BACP), Drug & Alcohol Awareness, Domestic Violence, Suicide, Working with Families...
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Family issues
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Fees for counselling services
£50 for individuals £65 couples/relationship
Fees for supervision:
£35 for counsellors in training £45 qualified counsellors
- I am a BACP accredited counsellor.
- I have more than 14 years experience.
- I have wide experience and worked in organisations, education, charities & private practice.
- I work to the BACP ethical framework.
- I offer a confidential and professional service.
- I'm based in Knutsford in a private setting, easily accessible from East & West Cheshire, Stockport, Trafford, Greater Manchester.
- Enhanced DBS check.
- Safeguarding Training L2
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I'm on the second floor via a staircase. Please contact me to discuss other possible arrangements.
Daytime and evening sessions 0830-2000. Some weekend availability. Please enquire by phone, text or email.
Types of client
Supervision & training
I am a qualified and experienced supervisor. For me supervision is about the development of a collaborative relationship that enables us to explore your client work, and for you to gain insight into your practice.View supervision profile