Kristina Dorner MSc, PgDip, BABCP, BACP, accredited CBT therapist
Are you feeling anxious or on edge? Are you feeling low? Are you finding it difficult to get on with life? Therapy can help. I am an experienced therapist here to help you get through these difficult life situations. I offer talking and online therapy in both English and German. Please see my website for further details or get in touch following the link on this page. Things can change, the difficult bit is taking the first step.
Tackle your struggles with:
- Anxiety (generalised anxiety disorder, health anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder, panic disorder, phobias, post-traumatic stress disorder and social anxiety)
- Low self-esteem
Helping you to overcome:
- Breakup and separation
- Relationship difficulties
- Stress and burnout
- Chronic pain
- Difficulties falling and/or staying asleep
I am a bi-lingual (German and English) therapist and have been working in health and social care for over 15 years. I am a specialist in treating anxiety disorders and depression.
When working with you, I take a dynamic and proactive approach. I explore the psychological underpinnings of your life difficulty and provide feedback, clarification and education around a given problem. Creating a joint understanding is paramount to a good therapeutic relationship and positive change.
I do not believe that one particular type of therapy suits all people and their needs. Nevertheless, in my experience, and by considering research studies, it has been found that Cognitive Behaviour Therapy can be very successful in treating a variety of difficulties. CBT is a short-term, proactive, solution-focused form of therapy that can help address unhelpful habitual behaviours and biased thought processes.
Although we cannot change our past, or the things that may happen to us today and in the future, we can change how we deal with difficulties, allowing us to form new and more helpful ways of coping. However, when CBT is not the most appropriate form of therapy for the individual, I carefully draw on, apply and integrate other therapeutic techniques, such as person-centred, mindfulness and compassion based approaches.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, IoPPN, Kings College, London 2016
- Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling Psychology, Roehampton University 2015
- MSc Psychobiology of Stress, University of Surrey, Roehampton 2002
- BSc Psychology and Counselling, University of Surrey, Roehampton 2000
- Accredited with the British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies and the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
Session fees vary depending on the time and length of your appointment and the type of therapy you require. In general, evening hours (5pm and after) and early mornings (before 9am) are in high demand and are therefore charged at a higher rate. Typical 50 minute therapy sessions are charged as follows:
- Daytime appointments £100
- Evenings and early morning appointments £110
- Online appointments £85
I am a registerd provider for AXA, Aviva and Vitality Health.
Conveniently located within a short walk from Temple, Chancery Lane and Holborn tube stations.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
evening appointments available
Types of client