Kelly Porch Counselling
- Do you feel depressed or anxious?
- Are you feeling stressed?
- Are you struggling with family or relationship issues?
- Do you struggle with a health condition?
- Do you worry a lot and want to stop?
- Are you worried about work?
- Do you have a choice or decision to make?
- Would you like to develop your self-confidence?
As you are visiting this site, I am guessing that some of these questions (or something similar) are familiar to you and causing you to struggle with life. Often speaking to someone who isn't directly involved can make a massive difference and that is where I can help.
There are just 3 steps to get you started with none of the steps committing you to any obligation to have counselling with me:
Step 1 - Take a look at my website www.kelllyporchcounselling.com to see how I can support you. I have over a thousand hours of experience providing therapeutic counselling for people with many different types of problems and issues that are concerning them.Step
Step 2 - Contact Me
Sometimes, the hardest part is contacting the therapist in the first place. There can be stigma associated with it or a lack of clarity about what might happen next. Finding the courage to pick up that phone or send an email can be scary. Anxiety lack of confidence, fear are often felt by those who make that first step.
I will arrange to give you a call to briefly chat through what you are looking for support with at a time convenient to you. This provides you with that initial opportunity to talk to me and to get a feel for what therapy with me may be like. I will also arrange an initial 30 minute consultation appointment with you.
Step 3 - Initial Consultation Appointment
This 30 minute appointment will take place in my counselling room in Kettering and will give us an opportunity to discuss in more detail what you are looking for my support with. You will be able to come and meet me, get a feel for where the counselling takes place and ask any questions you may have. This appointment is offered at a reduced fee and there is absolutely no obligation to begin counselling with me.
Chronic Illness and Pain
- As well as helping people with many different issues and concerns, I also have a specialist interest in helping those who have chronic health issues or chronic pain;
- Following my own diagnosis of a chronic illness, Fibromyalgia, in 2011, I was offered medical support but nothing was offered to help me to cope with the emotional and psychological aspects that will nearly always accompany a chronic illness diagnosis;
- I was already training to be a counsellor at this time and accessing my own personal therapeutic counselling which helped me immensely to mourn and grieve for a life I once knew, identify how I could create a 'new normal' for myself and discover meaning again;
- I decided that I wanted to work with others who have had similar experiences to work with them to learn to live a meaningful life with their illness(es);
What Can I Expect from a Counselling Session?
If you decide to proceed with counselling we will meet regularly for 50 minute sessions (this is usually weekly) where I will provide a confidential service, free from judgement and with lots of understanding and empathy.
There are many different approaches to counselling and my main approach is Person-Centered. This is a non-directive type of counselling, which means that I will not direct what we talk about, that will be your choice. The foundation for this is that I believe that nobody knows you better than you know yourself - you just may not realise it yet! Through the counselling relationship that we develop together, we can begin to work towards you becoming more self-aware and more in control of creating the positive changes that you want to achieve.
Counselling can be either short-term or long-term – there is no limit to the number of sessions that are provided. Counselling will proceed at your pace. We will have regular reviews to identify whether counselling is meeting your needs and whether counselling continues to be necessary. You are also free to end counselling at any time.
For more information, please:-
- Take a look at my website (www.kellyporchcounselling.com);
- Contact me by phone (07999 858630);
- Email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a fully qualified and insured counsellor (this is important to know as counselling isn't regulated in the UK and so not all counsellors will hold qualifications or insurance).
I am also a registered member of the British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP). The BACP Register is recognised by the UK Government and consists of counsellors who have met specified standards for registration. Membership of this register means that I am bound by the Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy.
A copy of my counselling diploma certificate and insurance documents are available upon request and proof of registration are available on the BACP website. Should you wish to check the BACP register, my registration number is 088899.
In addition to my private practice, I also teach other people to become counsellors in my training centre, Northamptonshire Centre for Counselling Studies.
- Listener for Mind
- Volunteer Counsellor at Teamwork, Kettering
- Lead Counsellor for Moulton College
- Counselling Tutor at Bedford College
Qualifications and Training
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Studies
- BSC Honours Degree in Psychology
- OCN Certificate in Counselling Supervision
- Pain Management Practitioner Diploma Course - Distinction
- Sexual Trauma Training by Zoe Lodrick;
- Treating Generalised Anxiety Disorder and Panic Attacks (MindBody Breakthrough);
- Working at Relational Depth by Mick Cooper;
- Understanding Attachment Theory by Niki Reeves;
- Alcohol and Drug Awareness (Aquarius);
- Trauma, Dissociation and Recovery (PODS)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
30 minute initial consultation - £20
Full counselling session - £45 (50 minute session)
Please contact me for details of advance payment discounts.
Sessions are payable in advance - payment is made upon booking using one of the following methods:-
- Debit card;
- Online Bank Transfer (ask for details);
I am also a qualified Counselling Supervisor for both trainee and qualified counsellors - please see separate profile for more information about this.
If you would like to access supervision with me then please contact me using the details above.
Fees for Counselling Supervision
£35 an hour (£50 for 1.5 hours)
Initial 30 minute appointment (£20)
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
If you are unable to access the first floor by stairs then let me know so we can discuss alternative options.
Appointments Currently Available Monday - 11.30am Thursday - 10.00am
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
ARE YOU A TRAINEE OR QUALIFIED COUNSELLOR LOOKING FOR GOOD QUALITY COUNSELLING SUPERVISION FROM AN EXPERIENCED COUNSELLOR AND COUNSELLING TUTOR?.