I am a chartered psychologist, counsellor and psychotherapist, HCPC and BACP registered, with several years' experience working extensively with adult and adolescent patients and using a Cognitive Behavioural approach (CBT).
I am currently working as a private therapist in Marylebone, Central London (W1).
My career has always been driven by my strong passion for mental health issues and support to people.
As a psychotherapist, I have gained experience helping people from all over the world on issues related to anxiety, stress, low mood, low self esteem, problems in relationships and attachment, parenting and pregnancy, anger and sleep problems.
I am specialised in providing CBT, a method that has extensively proven its effectiveness in helping patients suffering from several psychological difficulties.
I am well aware that seeking help or therapy is not always an easy decision. Most of the times this very decision implies undertaking a process of reflection and the awareness that something feels off - or is simply nor alright - and that pain or emotional discomfort are involved.
Psychotherapy can be the answer as it represents a tool to better deal with the important and delicate moment in which we come to terms with who we are and we allow ourselves to change.
Therapy indeed can help you nurturing your personal resources and overcoming the barriers that are blocking you from reaching what you would like.
Therefore if you have any question or doubt, please feel free to contact me before booking a session.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post-graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy (4 years) at Studi Cognitivi, Milan, Italy;
- MSc in Clinical Psychology at Universita' Vita-Salute San Raffaele, Milan, Italy;
- BA in Psychological Sciences at Universita' Vita-Salute San Raffaele, Milan, Italy.
I have collaborated as a psychologist and research assistant in the Psychiatric Department of Fatebenefratelli and Ophthalmic Hospital in Milan and I carried out my university internships in the Sleep Disorders Unit and Neuropsychology Unit at San Raffaele Hospital in Milan.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- psychophysiological insomnia;
- coping with narcolepsy;
- coping with a diagnosed sleep disorder.
All the difficulties and troubles related to being an expat and living in a foreign country.
I charge £95 per session.
Limited concessionary rates are available for students and patients on a low income. Feel free to contact me for further information.
- 3 top tips for a better sleep
- Passive, aggressive or assertive?
- Comfort zone: In or out?
- The burden of dealing with health loss
- Trapped among worries and rumination, but where is the here-and-now?
- How intolerance of uncertainty makes you anxious
- Six traps that foster your anxiety
- The importance of taking care of our relationships
- Depression: a few false myths
- Fear of flying?
- Psychotherapy and emotions labelling
- Relaxation techniques, a powerful ally against anxiety
- What to expect from the first session of therapy
- Young adults: the importance of seeking help
- Looking into social anxiety
- Being a caregiver: but who will take care of me?
- Why intimacy stirs up conflictual emotions
- Autumn blues: are you back?
- Women and depression: A complicated relationship
- Communicating: why sometimes is it so tricky?
- When a distressful thought becomes an obsession: OCD
- Seven cognitive shortcuts that may worsen your problems
- Sadness and depression: When do you really cross the line?
- The not-so-imaginary invalid: What is health anxiety?
- Understanding the symptoms of anxiety
- Irritable bowels: can psychotherapy help?
- Working mothers: when guilt becomes too much
- How to survive a criticising partner or parent
- Why change can be so scary?
- Overeating as a coping mechanism: Binge eating disorder
- Bereavement: Maria’s experience
- The night’s worst enemy: insomnia
- Emotions, hello strangers!
- Life on a swing: Sharing life with the bipolar disorder
- I am how you want me to be: when complacency comes too easy
- The first panic attack is hard to forget
I deliver therapy through Skype, if clinically appropriate and depending on my patients' specific cases and needs.
I am a provider with WPA, Aviva, VitalityHealth, Cigna HealthCare and Allianz Worldwide Care.
Personal website: www.ilariatedeschi.com
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/IlariaTedeschiLondon
Linkedin profile: uk.linkedin.com/in/ilariatedeschipsychotherapist
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Italian, French|
Available for sessions from Monday to Friday until 9 pm.
Types of client