Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
Want to be brave, but seeking help for anxiety, sadness, worry? I am skilfully working to help adults and young people.
Accredited with the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP), for over 20 years I have worked as a psychotherapist, and counsellor providing successful high-quality support to adult men and women, including couples, and young people when life has become difficult.
Life can seem dark at times. Or if not dark then confusing. One in four of us will experience this at some point in our lives. Some clients will arrive for a first session with a clear understanding of what is wrong - with them or with their life. But it is also true that many clients are at a loss when it comes to knowing exactly why they feel so unhappy, or overwhelmed. My approach to working with you as a client might vary. Always, I would endeavour to listen carefully to what it is you need to express, and I might also talk quite a bit to you too, if that would help make a session more effective, so that you can quickly feel some relief.
Help can be provided for: anxiety, depression, panic attacks, phobias, addiction, bereavement, life changes, couple and family matters, issues at school or college, social media, bullying, fertility, post-natal depression, separation, divorce, stress at work, ageing and retirement and many other difficulties.
I am also one of a limited number of approved specialist infertility counsellors working in the UK.
As a client you would be seen either for a short number of sessions or for longer-termed sessions according to your individual needs and circumstances. I work in Hammersmith, west London, and Chesham in Buckinghamshire.
If you have private health insurance it may be that the cost of your sessions will be covered as I am a recognised professional practitioner with leading private health providers.
Training, qualifications & experience
* I am a trained psychoanalytic psychotherapist, registered by the UK Council for Psychotherapy in 2005 (UKCP). This was an in-depth training spanning 6 years, to provide effective, and high-quality psychoanalysis, and psychotherapy.
* I have successfully worked with clients suffering from many different emotional problems, during 1997 to the present, across a range of settings including for the NHS, local government employees, commercial business funded clients and in private practice. I have also supported young people in schools.
* I have worked with clients experiencing fertility related issues since 2002 to the present, registered with the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority (HFEA) as one of a limited number of UK approved specialist counsellors.
* I am a member of The SSCP (The Society for Social and Critical Psychoanalysis), serving on their Training Committee.
* I am a past member of The Site for Contemporary Psychoanalysis, 2021- 1999. I taught on the Site's therapists' training programme, and served as Co-Chair of the Ethics Committee, and previous Council Member.
* I studied for a Masters Degree in Art Theory, in London, from 1994 to 1996, specialising in reading aspects of philosophy and psychoanalytic theory. I have articles published in Circa Arts Magazine.
* I supervise the work of trainee counsellors, psychotherapists, and analysts.
* Before the above, I worked as a producer for broadcast television, and in teaching.
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
The UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) is a leading professional body for the education, training and regulation of psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors. Its register is accredited by the government's Professional Standards Authority.
As part of its commitment to protect the public, it works to improve access to psychotherapy, to support and disseminate research, to improve standards and to respond effectively to complaints against its members.
UKCP standards cover the range of different psychotherapies. Registration is obtained by training or accrediting with one of its member organisations, or by holding a European Certificate in Psychotherapy. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Individual adults finding life difficult; Couples needing a safe, calm space to talk to each other.
£65.00 per session
Concessions offered for
£65 individuals. Couples £75 *. Fees can be negotiated.
In addition, I offer a limited number of on-going low-cost spaces typically for clients who are key workers, students, under-employed or may be retired. These spaces are predominantly offered during the day time, but please ask for details.
(* If you have been referred through a fertility clinic my fee may have to differ, due to additional administration. Please ask for full details.)
When I work
Week days and Saturdays.
My preferred approaches are psychodynamic and psychoanalytic, as these methods are particularly rigorous, and can be very effective at providing longer lasting help.
I hope you will get in touch.