Hannah Morters (MBACP)
I am a psychoanalytically informed Psychotherapist and Life Coach working with individuals (aged 11+), couples, groups and organisations with a view to either long-term or short-term solution focused therapy. Working with a wide range of concerns including but not limited to depression, anxiety, anger, mental health disorders, abuse, addiction, bereavement, eating disorders, stress, relationship issues and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). I have particular experience working with armed forces personnel.
Training, qualifications & experience
Who am I?
As a professional Psychotherapist I hold the following qualifications:
- MA Psychoanalytic Studies - University of Essex
- Post-Graduate Certificate Freudian Concepts - University of Essex
- BA (Hons) First Degree Counselling Studies - University of Essex
- Diploma of Higher Education Person-Centered Counselling - University of Essex (accredited by BACP)
- Registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP), and as such bound by and adhering to the BACP ethical framework.
- Member of BACP Coaching.
- CPD (Continued Professional Development) training in CBT, Gestalt, Relationship Counselling and Coaching allow me to integrate these approaches into my clinical work
- Designated Lead Child and Adult Safeguarding Certificate
My research interests being in Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), primarily Combat Trauma; Post-partum Depression and its relation to different parenting styles and the Psychoanalytic approach to Autism.
Prior to moving into private practice I worked as a Psychotherapist within an NHS setting as part of a Community Mental Health Multi-disciplinary Team (CMHT). Here I worked with a broad range of mental health disorders with varied levels of severity.
What is my approach?
My approach is integrative allowing flexibility and fluidity depending on the needs and experiences of the individual client and the direction with which they wish their therapy to take. I am committed to the view that everyone is unique and that different styles of therapy work for different people. I maintain the principle of each individual being the expert upon themselves, with this in mind, I believe that the client is entitled to the approach that best resonates with them and that together we can decipher a way of working that will be the most beneficial.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Photos & videos
All sessions - £50.00
Clients are required to commit to attend sessions regularly, between 1 to 3 times a week dependant upon circumstances, although breaks can be agreed for holidays and so on.
Please note that there is a strict cancellation policy, the full fee will be charged for sessions missed or cancelled with less than 48 hours notice.
During the initial session we will discuss your difficulties and the reasons you are seeking help. This is for both of us to decide whether we think I can offer you the help you need or whether you may be better helped by another therapist or organisation, in which case I will discuss this with you. This will also be an opportunity for you to talk about what your expectations are for therapy. If we agree to work together then we will discuss arrangements for ongoing sessions.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm
Saturday and Evening Appointments Available
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|