Gillian Jacobson MSc Integrative Counsellor and Psychotherapist
Ealing, West London
I take a holistic approach in therapy and I facilitate clients to look at problems from all angles. I will be there with you every step of the way and provide that support for you when times are hard.
I am an Integrative Counsellor and Psychotherapist and work through a range of different therapy styles each tailored to meet my clients needs, for example CBT, Person-Centred Therapy, Attachment Therapy, Psychodynamic Therapy, Compassion Focused Therapy, Body Psychotherapy, Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction and SandPlay
You can be assured that I practise ethically as I am a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
How can counselling help you?
Are you going through a difficult situation and experiencing uncomfortable feelings?
May be you can't put your finger on it, but something just doesn't feel right?
Has your life not turned out how you had imagined it?
Are you having relationship problems?
Do you feel like no one understands you? Is there no one you can trust and talk to?
If any of this speaks to you, it may be time to seek professional help. If you feel that you could do with some professional help, speaking to a counsellor has been shown to be very beneficial.
Some of the benefits my clients have gained from counselling have been:
- Relief of Stress, Anxiety and Depression
- Help with Addictions
- Improved Work-Life Balance
- Better Relationships
- Better Ways of Dealing with Problems
- Increased Confidence and Self-Esteem
- Feeling Heard and Understood
- Working through Trauma
- Finding Personal Strength and Increased Resilience
- Greater Self Insight and Increased Self-Acceptance
What happens in the first session?
In the first session, we talk about your needs and expectations of therapy. It is also an opportunity to find out if you feel like I am the right therapist for you.
How many sessions would you need?
This depends on what you would like to get out of counselling, and on what issue(s) you want to bring to therapy. Short term counselling is generally between 8 and 12 sessions, whereas long term counselling can last up to 20 sessions and often longer.
What happens next?
You can call or email me to discuss your needs. We agree on a suitable time to schedule your first session. I will respond to your enquiry within 24 hours.
Training, qualifications & experience
MSc Integrative Psychotherapy and Counselling
Bachelor of Arts Sociology and Psychology
My clinical experiences have involved working with sexual and domestic abuse, depression, anxiety, relationship issues, trauma, work-stress, self-esteem, alcoholism and addictions, obsessive-compulsive disorder, grief and loss.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Compassion-Focused Therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Interpersonal therapy
- Other therapies
- Person-centred therapy
£40 per session.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 09:00-20:00
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|