Dawn Rogers MBACP Registered - Person Centred Counsellor - Empath
Hi my name is Dawn. I have been a Counselling Professional since 2005 but more importantly a human being. I have a lived experience of depression and life and how we build building blocks, one upon the other, carrying all these blocks within us. I have a depth of experience both professionally and personally especially with mental health issues with children and adults. I am also an empath and often see links between empaths and depression.
I love counselling and being with people. I live in reality and know the depths of pain that we can hold inside and the depths of pain this has on those around us. I also know the beauty that this pain leads to and the creativity, the freeing and the emergence of who you really are. Over the years I have gained much awareness and experience of working with Autism/ Aspergers/ADHD. I am very creative and grounded. I feel truly listening is very important.
I have done counselling over the years in numerous settings such as within a fostering community, a mental health and wellbeing organisation, doctors surgery and counselling charities as well as my own private practise. I am a registered member of the BACP, I have an ICO Certificate for GDPR and insurance. I normally do face to face sessions which is either at my clients home, my premises and even sometimes at the beach depending on the clients needs. At the moment I am offering Zoom online therapy and telephone counselling during this current pandemic. Zoom is face to face online therapy which is very easy to use and confidential. I am also doing telephone counselling which is also confidential and suits some clients better.
Please get in touch by telephone or email me to arrange a free 30 minute initial session, this is to enable you to feel comfortable and also as to whether you wish to start counselling with me, it is very important that you feel you can connect with me and also to explore what you would like to get from counselling. If you are happy to continue after your initial session we can then arrange counselling sessions, which is normally on a weekly basis.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Professional Supervision Level 6 (NCS Advanced Specialist Training Status)
- Diploma in Person Centred Counselling Level 4 (incorporating Bodywork and Emotional Release and Neuro Linquistic Programming)
- Mindfulness Diploma
- Certificate in Person Centred Counselling/Introduction to Counselling
- Care Certificate
- Child Play Therapy
- Understanding Safeguarding Procedures in Counselling
- Understanding Self Injury and Self Harm
- Creative Arts and Play Therapy Techniques
- Child Protection in Counselling
- Autism/Asperger’s Syndrome – An Understanding
- First Steps in Relationship Counselling
- Relationship Counselling Advanced Skills
- MacMillan Cancer Support Training
- Working with survivors of rape and/or sexual abuse
- Child Protection Policies and Procedures
- East Kent Rape Line Training
- 8-week intensive learning support assistant course working with children
- Moving your Practise Online
- Life Coaching Diploma (Currently studying)
- BACP proficiency certificate
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Individual Therapy £45.00 per 50 minutes face to face session
Online therapy session/telephone counselling £40.00 for 50 minutes
reduced rates for key workers and those on a low income.
Supervision £45 per 60 minute session - student counsellors reduced rates of £35.00
Key Skills and Personal Abilities
· Excellent communication and rapport building skills
· Empathy/Warmth/Congruence/ Intuition/Creative/Adaptable/Grounded
· Practical application of Emotional Intelligence theories and methods
· Supportive team member – liaising with external agencies and health professionals
· Advanced Counselling Skills
· Specialism in providing counselling support for people with depression
· Neuro Linguistic Training Techniques
· Bodywork and Emotional Release Techniques