I offer gestalt therapy, am a supervisor and trainer and offer consultation (the latter especially in the field of csa and trauma.)
In addition, I am co-creating a group which works with clients who are exploring their relationship with food and their body image.
My background is in the arts and this continues to be a passion, I see this work as a very creative way to explore life issues.
I became interested in Bodywork over 20 years ago (diploma in Reflexology from SSR, certificates in Aromatherapy, Polarity therapy and Acupuncture ) this led to a cert. in Person Centred Counselling and then a Diploma in Gestalt Therapy which underpins my practice. I am aware we can only regard the world from our own perspectives which are informed by our history, family, culture and context. We adapt to situations based on our experiences, sometimes in healthy ways, other times less so. Developing an awareness of how we do this our, "process " is fundamental to this work.
We will at some point in our lives have to cope with elements of distress, loss, separation, birth, bereavement, addiction and a variety of transitions. My experience is that we don't have to do this alone and sometimes friends and family are not enough, appropriate or available. It can be easier to share with someone who is not part of our world especially if there are issues of shame to confront.
My practice is informed by all my other studies and I work with clients on an individual needs led basis.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Gestalt therapy from Edinburgh Gestalt Institute.
- Certificate in dance and movement therapy from Queen Margaret University.
- Certificate in therapeutic supervision from EGI.
- Certificate in Couples therapy from EGI.
- Certificate In Systemic family Therapy from Insyt.
- Certificate in Person centred Counselling from Edinburgh College.
- Certificate in groupwork and training from Parent network.
- Degree in clothing design and management SCOT(ACFI)
- Accreditation in process with Gatla.
- Code of Ethics and member of BACP
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have had experience of most of the above over the last 20 years. My particular interests are eating issues, addiction, trauma and bereavement.
I have also trained to work with sex offenders.
£55 per session and £60 for couples or family groups.
I also maintain some space for students and low earners.
I am familiar with both long and short term work and have been working in this field for over 20 years.
I have a practise in edinburgh and north berwick, east lothian, by appt.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mondays, Tuesdays ,Wednesdays, Thursdays day and evening and Fridays pre 12pm.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|