Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
This professional is available for new clients.
Hi, Thank you for your interest in my services.
Contacting a counsellor can be a little nerve-wracking so let me reassure you. I have an approachable, friendly, yet professional manner and offer a safe, nonjudgemental environment, where we can explore together issues impacting on your well being, whether it be, work/home relationship concerns etc.
I am a qualified, Registered and Accredited BACP counsellor and abide by their code of ethics, working in the best way possible for you, the client.
I am an Integrative therapist (see below).
I work with adults and children/youth and I use a range of interventions according to your personal needs (see below).
Training, qualifications & experience
- MBACP Accredited and Registered and Insured.
- NCFE level 5, Diploma in Counselling
- NCFE NVQ 2 & 3 Counselling
Also, multiple training Certification for related areas worked in:
Anxiety, stress, work/school/college pressure, trauma/PTSD, loss/bereavement, redundancy and related issues, children/youth issues. Family and Relationship issues etc.
- Trained with CAMHS/NHS/Macmillan. Cruse bereavement
- Working with Forces, Police and NHS as well as EAP Services, Bereavement organisations and Education/ Social Services (Parents, Carers and Children).
- Work experience with a wide range of issues including depression and anxiety (NHS training).
- Experienced in Working with Cancer patients and relatives (Macmillan).
- Experienced Creative School Counsellor and working within education environments (schools and college) over many years.
- Risk of Redundancy issues (Employee Assistance Therapist etc.
- Working with children and Youth experiencing Anger and Loss.
- Relationship issues affecting school and home relationships.
- Trainer and Facilitator of Adult/Child/Youth Group work e.g, Vulnerable women, Pregnancy, SEN, Children and Youth working.
- Person Centred Counselling, long and short term work.
- CBT and SFT
- Palliative Care therapy
- Holistic Therapist
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Additional needs: experienced in work/education e.g: autism, EBD, learning difficulties etc.
- Trauma i.e. experiencing (either recent or historical) e.g forces experiences/ traumatic experiences/ health changes, that may still impact your life now.
- Loss - whether of a job, relationship, health or bereavement which may be historical or recent and including animal loss etc.
£45.00 - £48.00
Concessions offered for
Session costs: from £48.00 per session and £45.00 for NHS staff/Student
Refugees: price on application
Please enquire, contact me by email and I will respond asap.
Children and adults.
When I work
Send email 24-7.
Please email first your enquiry, preferably. I respond asap, appts can be made at reasonably short notice, so do enquire.
Working hours 8.30am to 5.30pm.
Most requested therapy:
- Anxiety, generalised anxiety disorder
- Stress/emotional health issues
- Relationship issues (individual working only)
- Pupil/ student/health issues
- Youth, children - personal/school issues etc
- Adult job at risk/redundancy etc