Alison Green MBACP (Accred.) Experienced Adult,Child Counsellor
Hi, Thank you for your interest in my services.
Contacting a Counsellor can be a little nerve wracking, so let me reassure you. I have an approachable friendly, yet professional manner, and offer a safe, non judgemental environment, where we can explore together, issues impacting on your well being, whether it be work/home relationship concerns etc.
I am a qualified, Registered and Accredited BACP Counsellor and abide by their Code of Ethics, working in the best way possible for you, the Client.
I am an Integrative therapist (see below).
I work with Adults and Child/Youth and use a range of Interventions according to your personal needs (see below).
Training, qualifications & experience
MBACP Accredited and Registered and Insured.
ncfe level 5, Diploma in Counselling
ncfe NVQ 2 & 3 Counselling
Also, multiple training Certification for related areas worked in:
Anxiety, PTSD, Bereavement, Self Harm, Redundancy and Employment issues,
Family and Relationship issues etc.
- Trained with CAMHS/NHS/Macmillan. Cruse bereavement
- Currently working with Emergency Services, Forces,Police and NHS, as well as EAP Services, Bereavement organisations, and Social Services, (Parent's, Carer's and Children).
- Work experience with a wide range of issues including depression and anxiety (NHS training).
- Experienced in Working with Cancer patients and relatives (Macmillan).
- Experienced Creative School Counsellor and working within education environments (schools and college) over many years.
- Risk of Redundancy issues (Employee Assistance Therapist etc.
- Working with children and Youth experiencing Anger and Loss.
- Relationship issues affecting school and home relationships.
- Trainer and Facilitator of Adult/Child/Youth Group work e.g, Vulnerable women, Pregnancy, SEN, Children and Youth working.
- Person Centred Counselling, long and short term work.
- CBT and SFT
- Rickter Scale Practitioner Training
- Palliative Care therapy
- Holistic Therapist
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Special needs,Experienced in work e.g : autism, ebd, learning difficulties etc.
- Trauma i.e experiencing (either recent or historical) traumatic experiences, that may still impact your life now.
- Loss- whether of a job, relationship, health or Bereavement which may be historical, or recent, including animal loss etc.
Concessions offered for
For NHS employees currently offering reduced session rate of £25 per session, while COVID issue remains.
From £45 per session, concessions available for block bookings.
Contact me by email and I will respond ASAP.
Send email 24-7.Please email first your enquiry, preferably.
I promise to respond asap, appts can be made at reasonably short notice, do enquire, even if to see if Counselling is for you.
Session costs : from £45 per session and £35 for NHS staffClient most requested therapy :
Anxiety, Generalised anxiety disorder
Education, Health, Relationship issues
Youth, Children- school issues and health etc.