In need of help or some support? Counselling can help.
Have you become frustrated with bringing about change in your life? Or maybe life events are beginning to cause you difficulties and you want a solution. If you are experiencing Anxiety, Depression, Bereavement, Work Issues, Issues within your Relationship, Post Traumatic Stress, any kind of abuse or concerns relating to past trauma, then counselling might be able to help you.
Together we can:
- Identify current difficulties more clearly and work out how you can resolve or deal with them
- Look at repeating patterns in your life that lead to feeling stuck
- Support changes you want and find new ways forward
These things are best done in the context of a confidential relationship that is honest and supportive in creating growth. I work with both Individuals and Couples, and I can offer you this kind of relationship which can be formed and built in safety when in counselling. I have experience of working therapeutically with people who bring a breadth of personal difficulties within a variety of organisations.
I am a BACP Accredited Counsellor. Counsellors take an examination to qualify for accreditation by BACP in order to keep high standards of counselling. I abide by the Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy of the (BACP), and the Gestalt Psychotherapy Institute.
I have worked as a counsellor/psychotherapist since 2003. I work with short-term clients using EMDR for PTSD, trauma and abuse, or CBT and solution focused models for other issues. The aim here is to help clients to learn strategies and solutions for coping with their difficulties.
I also work with gestalt and the person centred models. These models are more relational working in the "here and now" of what is going on relationally between the client and myself. These models are more suited to longer term work to assist clients to find their way through the difficulties they are experiencing. I work with body, thoughts, feelings & emotions.
What is EMDR?
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) is a psychotherapy treatment that was originally designed to alleviate the distress associated with traumatic memories, is often used to help alleviate depression, anxiety, and help clients recover from physical, emotional and sexual abuse and domestic violence. It is also helpful for clients struggling with grief.
What is counselling?
Counselling is getting assistance from a professional such as myself, to explore personal, social or psychological difficulties in confidence.
I run a private practice in Kingswinford, Birmingham City Centre, on the Telephone and Online.
- I offer Counselling and Psychotherapy to Individuals and Couples.
- I offer Sessions in EMDR.
- I offer Clinical Supervision to other Counsellors and Psychotherapists.
In both locations I work from there is easy parking, good public transport.
I offer both Short Term and Long Term Psychotherapy.
I have a Current DBS Certificate, Fully insured, Committed to Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
To make an appointment with me please send me a message or call me on 07843 813 537 to book your first session or if you would just like a friendly chat about your issues and how I can help. If you would like to find out more about me please take a look at my website.
Training, qualifications & experience
As a counsellor I have undertaken the following in order to reach the level of experience I have attained.
- Level 7 Psychotherapist Training
- Diploma in Counselling
- EMDR Practitioner Qualification
- Post Graduate Diploma in Supervision
- Post Graduate Certificate in Person Centred Supervision
- Certificate in Couples Counselling
- Certificate in Coginitive Behavioural Therapy
- BACP Accredited (British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy)
- Certificate in Developmental Psychotherapy
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Long term illness, disability and life threatening health conditions.
I accept payment by:
Debit and Credit card
Bank transfer (only in advance).
- The most you will be asked to pay for a one-to-one counselling session is £45.
- The most you will pay for couples counselling is £60.
- The most other counsellors or trainee counsellors will pay for supervision is £50 per hour.
- The most that you will pay for a session of EMDR is £60
Call for informal information and to negotiate a fee you can afford and ask whether I work with the difficulties you are experiencing.
Length of Sessions:
- Counselling sessions last for 50 minutes.
- A session of EMDR lasts 60 minutes
Available daytimes and weekends.
- Off road parking is available closeby.
- Birmingham city centre is serviced a range of bus, tram and train services
- There is usually space for parking outside and this is a safe, quiet residential area.
- Buses 254 & 255 pass the end of the street.
- Several other bus services also come nearby.
I am prepared to travel and will consider work outside of my immediate area for both individuals and organisations.