Janet Astle Psychotherapy & Counselling - Member NCS (Accred)
I specialise in but am not limited to Grief and Loss, having trained with Cruse Bereavement Care and find that this helps inform me with each and every Client I meet because we all experience Loss at some stage in life.
I have had my own experience of trauma and great loss and this appears to put many new Clients at ease, safe in the knowledge that not only am I well qualified but I actually also understand how some of this feels too.
Whatever support you may be looking for, I may have what you need to find your "normal" again. In working together we can ensure that you gain all you need to live a successful and happy life.
- Tools - You can use to help you understand and cope with what is happening right now
- Clarity – Around what exactly IS actually happening and not what it appears to be
- Knowledge - And Self wisdom, to know and understand yourself much better than you did before
- Skills - To identify what "triggers" certain behaviours, an unhelpful pattern or way of being
- Boundaries – To enable you to support those around you, but no longer at a cost to yourself
- Peace – How to locate that stillness within you, that IS a kind of achievement worth having
- Self Love – This is an ultimate, which we all strive for but often look for in others around us
Ultimately – What I would say to you here is that this may be a turning point in your life, it may at times feel like a breakdown in some way but whatever it is you are searching for if you would like to talk more about how I can help you personally, then please do get in touch for a free telephone consultation.
Training, qualifications & experience
Experience ~ To include over 35 Years in Healthcare & WellBeing
Voluntary Work & Experience:
- Cruse Bereavement Care - Offering 1 - 1 Counselling to children and adults within their own home, working with issues around grief and loss. Later Supervision training leading to supervision of other volunteers.
- Checkpoint (Children's Society) Working in outreach destinations such as GP surgeries and Brixham Youth Enquiry offering 1 - 1 counselling to young adults with varying issues from bullying, abuse, alcohol & drug use to relationships.
- South Devon Women's Aid offering 1 - 1 counselling to women with varying issues around loss, bullying and domestic violence.
- Checkpoint group work "Esteem" with young adults exploring and building confidence and self-esteem.
- Children and Families in Grief - Working with families that have experienced a significant loss.
- BTEC D32 33 Assessors Award
- NEBS Management Certificate
- Cruse Bereavement Care Bereavement Counselling Skills
- Cruse Bereavement Care Working with Bereaved Children and Young People 2003 (6 day training)
- Advanced Diploma (Level 4) Therapeutic Counselling
- Certificate Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Cruse Bereavement Care Accreditation
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy
- Level 3 Award in Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector
- Level 6 Diploma in Body Psychotherapy
- Diploma in Counselling Supervision
I continue with my own Self Enquiry work to ensure that I am at a peak of awareness to meet Clients at all times.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
National Counselling Society
The National Counselling Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Grief and Loss:
I specialise in grief and loss which we often experience with an ending of some kind or an unexpected outcome. We can experience loss in all areas of life and often don't realise this may be what's happening.
Self esteem, confidence, respect & loss of Self identity
Innocence, childhood, status, home, role, way of life, relationship, redundancy
Also many other things which can affect us in a similar way to an actual death.
Whatever concern Clients may bring at some stage, often there is some grief connected to loss within their lives.
£70.00 per session
Concessions offered for
Coaching & Psychotherapy sessions are for one hour and normally will be made in a block of 4-6 weeks depending on your requirements.
Are payable by cash, cheque or direct payment at the beginning of each session (or before the session if paying online) I am happy to receive payment weekly or in block, that is completely your choice.
The initial session will include my completing an assessment of your needs
My fee reflects the level of expertise, qualification, practical experience and the service which you will receive, each session is £70 for 1 hour
Organisational consultations, coaching, mentoring and supervision - please enquire
If I am not available to work with you immediately, please do let me know if you would like to add your name to my waiting list.
Please be aware: Once a session has been booked if you are unable to attend, at least 24 hours notice (working days) is required.
My standard practice is to charge for sessions cancelled at short notice
My practice is open between 9.30am - 6pm Monday to Friday Evening and emergency appointments may be available on request
How it works:
If you have read the above and want to know more.....
- You contact me or give me details on how to contact you if that is preferable
- You take advantage of the free consultation, which gives opportunity for you to ask any questions. You can outline the concern or problem you want help with and we will discuss a way of working together and agree to continue or not.
You may also wish to go away and think about whether or not you want to continue. and to see if we feel comfortable in working together to meet your needs.
- You visit my practice which is based in Brixham (or at present during the Coronavirus restrictions, you will telephone or we meet online) and I will complete a full assessment. This will include what it is you wish to gain overall from working with me. During the assessment I will ask questions and write, you simply talk to help me fill out the form and we book a block of 4 - 6 sessions to continue our working together.
If you have any further questions then please do get in touch, I look forward to hearing from you..