Sissel Marti FPC, BPC, UKCP
Hello and welcome. My name is Sissel Marti, a Psychodynamic Psychotherapist and Counsellor who works with individuals over 16 years old. I also provide supervision to colleagues and other professionals who wish to think and talk about their work in a confidential and neutral space.
Over the years I have gathered different tools for working with mental health or wellbeing issues; when someone seeks my help I can draw on CBT, Psychodynamic Psychotherapy, Mindfulness, Evidence-Based Psychological treatments, brief or short term therapy (a specific number of sessions usually less than 20, which is decided on at the beginning) and longer term therapy (when the end date is left open).
If you would like to find out more about having sessions with, me ask for a free initial consultation. You can call, text or e-mail me. If I'm not there, leave a message with your details so I can get back to you as soon as possible. Confidentiality and discretion are ensured.
Thank you for your time and interest. For more information about my approach to working with clients, please see my website www.counsellinghaslemere.co.uk.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Professional Training in the Therapeutic Use of Mindfulness;
- Postgraduate studies in Evidence Based Psychological Therapies, Charlie Waller Institute, Reading University;
- Certificate in Supervision, Westminster Pastoral Foundation (WPF);
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapist, professional member of the Foundation for Psychotherapy and Counselling (FPC) and registered with the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) and the Professional Standards Authority (PSA), and a member of the Council for Psychoanalysis and Jungian Analysis College CPJA);
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Psychodynamic Studies Roehampton University;
- Certificate in Assessment Skills, BAP, London
- Post-qualifying certificate in CBT;
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling, University of Brighton;
- Bereavement Counsellor;
- Member of the Guildford Centre for Psychotherapy;
My experience spans the NHS, voluntary sector as honorary counsellor and intake assessor, student counselling and private practice as a counselling psychotherapist, training therapist to counselling students, and supervisor to trained counsellors, trainee counsellors and nursing staff.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
UK Council for Psychotherapy
The UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) is a leading professional body for the education, training and regulation of psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors. Its register is accredited by the government's Professional Standards Authority.
As part of its commitment to protect the public, it works to improve access to psychotherapy, to support and disseminate research, to improve standards and to respond effectively to complaints against its members.
UKCP standards cover the range of different psychotherapies. Registration is obtained by training or accrediting with one of its member organisations, or by holding a European Certificate in Psychotherapy. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Free, no obligations, initial consultation.
My full fee is £45-60.00
Some short term, low fee sessions are available through the Guildford Centre for Psychotherapy low fee scheme.
My working hours vary from early morning to evening. I also work Saturday mornings.
*Dedicated, private consulting rooms with separate entrance;
*Confidential telephone line;
*Daytime, evening and Saturday appointments offered