Dr Stuart Sadler
Are you troubled by anxiety, depression, sleep trouble, OCD, panic attacks or other issues? If so, I can help you.
I’m Dr Stuart Sadler, a highly skilled and experienced Chartered Clinical Psychologist based in Newcastle upon Tyne, and for the last thirteen years I’ve been helping people just like you to deal with – and overcome – these difficulties.
I am trained in using a variety of therapies, including Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy (CBT), family therapy, solution-focused therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), and mindfulness based approaches.
We’re all different, and all have different needs, so I’ll work with you to determine which approach is the right one for you. But no matter which therapy we embark on together, they all have a common goal – and that is to help you feel better and stay well for longer.
We all lead busy lives, so I offer friendly and confidential daytime, evening and weekend appointments at my Jesmond and Gosforth practices as well as online via Skype, Zoom or Facetime.
Take that first step today - get in touch so we can explore how I can help you overcome your difficulties and help you live the life you deserve. Contact me at Stuart@newcastlepsychologist.co.uk or via phone/text on 07966 645 198 to discuss whether I can help.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (2007), Newcastle University
- Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Neuropsychology (2012), Glasgow University
- Foundation Certificate in Systemic & Family Therapy (2014), Durham University
- BA (Hons) in Combined Studies (Psychology, Education & French) (2001), Newcastle University
- CBT-I for Sleep Disorders - Dr Kirstie Anderson, NUTH Health
- Psychological Therapies for Older People - IAPT, London
- Introduction to CAT Therapy - Dr Steve Jeffries, Newcastle
- Advanced CBT for Trauma - Dr Kevin Meares, Newcastle University
- Advanced CBT for OCD - Tim Price, Newcastle upon Tyne
- Advanced CBT for Depression & Low Mood - Dr Daniel Collerton, Newcastle University
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) - Dr Mark Oliver & Dr Matt Selman, Newcastle upon Tyne
- Introduction to ACT - Dr Peter Blackburn, Newcastle upon Tyne
- Advanced Level Acceptance & Commitment Therapy for:
- Grief & Loss - Dr Russ Harris, Online
- Intrusive Thoughts, Obsessions & Compulsions - Dr Russ Harris, Online
- Guilt, Shame & Anger - Dr Russ Harris, Online
- Addictions - Dr Russ Harris, Online
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
Health and Care Professions Council
The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 16 professions.
They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.
Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Specialist in depression, anxiety and sleep disorders (including insomnia, night time waking & nightmares).
Services also available from our team of Counsellors, Psychologists, & Therapists to help you with problems such as: Anger Management, Trauma, Addictions, Couples Counselling, Child & Family Counselling, Managing Physical Pain, and Grief and Bereavement Counselling.
Online & Face-to-Face sessions available.
£100.00 per session
- Face to Face Therapy & Counselling (50 minutes) - £100 (Weekday Daytime/Evenings before 8pm); £120 (Weekday/Saturday 9am - 12pm)
- Online Therapy & Counselling (Skype, Facetime or Zoom, 50 minutes) - £100 (Weekday Daytime/Evenings before 8pm); £120 (Weekday/Saturday 9am - 12pm)
In addition, we also offer the following counselling services:
- Specialist Child, Teen & Younger Adult Therapy (with our Specialist Child Psychologist) (50 minutes) - £100 (Daytime before 5pm); £120 (Evenings after 5pm)
- Child, Teen & Younger Adult Counselling (with our Specialist Child Counsellor) (50 minutes) - £50 (Daytime & Evenings)
- Adult Counselling (with our Specialist Adult Counsellor) (50 minutes) - £50 (Daytime & Evenings)
- Couples & Relationship Counselling (with our Specialist Couples Counsellor) (50 minutes) - £60 (Daytime & Evenings)
- Specialist Addictions Counselling (with our Specialist Addictions Counsellor) (50 minutes) - £75 (Daytime & Evenings)
Sessions can be individual, joint or attended with family to fit your needs and therapy goals.
Daytime, evening and weekends