Sharon O'Shea Counselling Services
I am a qualified Person Centred Counsellor based within the central Barnsley area.I qualified in 2007 and have experience of working within the voluntary sector and within my own private practice . I am a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy(MBACP) and I am bound by there ethical framework for good practice.
People access Counselling at a time in their life when they need support, understanding or to be heard. I help people to explore areas in their life that need attention in a safe, non-judgemental environment.
I am down-to-earth and approachable. I believe achieving a trusting therapeutic relationship between client and counsellor is essential.
On your first appointment we will meet to discuss what has brought you to Counselling, what you can expect from me as your Counsellor and work towards an agreement between ourselves with regards to the time/day we will meet and you can ask any questions you may have before deciding if you think we would be able to work together.
Training, qualifications & experience
People come to see me with a wide range of emotional, relationship or health issues and from a range of backgrounds – different ethnicity, race, culture, gender, age and life experiences.
- Diploma in Supervision (ongoing)
- Rewind Technique
- Diploma in CBT - (Currently ongoing)
- BSc Therapeutic Counselling
- ABC Level 4 Diploma in Person Centred Skills & Theory
- BACP Register Certificate of Proficiency
- Working with Dissociation
- Solution-Focussed Anger Management
- Solution-Focussed Therapy
- Introduction to art therapy in Counselling
- Experiential workshop in Trauma and PTSD
- Person Centred art therapy
- Working with Bereaved children and young people
- Understanding Eating Disorders
- Certificate of higher education Applied Psychology
- A Level Psychology
I have experience working within the voluntary sector helping clients with Eating Disorders, Bereavement, Domestic violence and Blood Borne Viruses.I have also worked within acute mental health illnessess.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Sex problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
The initial Assessment £30
Individual 50 Minute Session £40
EAP Companies £40 per session
Student Counsellors £25
Concessions for low income and some benefits may be discussed.
I offer long and short term Counselling which will be discussed in the first session.
Should you be unable to leave your home for any reason it may be possible for me to come to you. Please contact me to discuss.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Flexible availability Monday to Friday. Availability for 2 appointments on Saturday
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|