Sabrina Khan MBACP Registered
Are you anxious, depressed, struggling in a relationship or with loss, or need to explore other obstacles in your life?
With me you can expect a safe, supportive and challenging environment in which it is my hope you will experience acceptance, empathy and genuineness to facilitate insight and understanding that can lead to change or enable you sometimes to come to terms with things you can't necessarily change.
I am a professionally qualified counsellor and have worked in a wide variety of settings including the Women and Girls Network, EACH counselling and support, Sakoon, and as a School Counsellor in a High School. I have worked with adolescents and adults in long, medium and short term work around West London and am now practicing in a therapy room near Uxbridge station.
Talking to someone who is empathic and giving their full attention can lead to insight into sometimes confusing or difficult thoughts and feelings and help to work out what could change. I see this as a collaborative process, not something which you experience passively - for therapy to be effective, both of us need to be active participants in the process. During an initial free telephone consultation we will work together to decide whether counselling or psychotherapy maybe an appropriate form of help for you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I am a qualified Integrative Counsellor. I am registered with the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) adhering to their Ethical Framework, and working towards full Accreditation. Currently completing a Certificate in Relationship Counselling.
- I have almost 2 years experience as a high school counsellor and almost 2 years experience working with Women and Girls Network as a Specialist Counsellor helping clients work through incidents of trauma and symptoms of PTSD. Most recently I have joined EACH counselling and support as a domestic violence counsellor.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
Initial telephone assessment then we can arrange ongoing sessions which are 50 min and from £40-£60.
Weekly sessions available for as long as you feel you need them.
Concessions available from £30per session for telephone counselling or £35per session for Students, retired or unemployed.
Based in Middlesex - 5 min walk from Uxbridge Station and Hayes & Harlington Station.
I have regular supervision and therapy to support me in my work and also have Professional Liability Insurance.
If you need any further information please contact me on 07701371334 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Fluent in Punjabi, HIndi and Urdu.|
Available Monday and Friday.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|