Sabrina Khan MBACP Registered
Are you anxious, depressed, struggling in a relationship or with loss? Do you need to overcome obstacles in your life?
I am a professionally qualified counsellor with extensive experience in a wide variety of settings such as high schools, charities, local authorities and the private sector.
My extensive experience helps me to solve client issues related to unhealthy coping mechanisms that are no longer effective. With me, you can expect a safe, supportive and challenging environment where you will experience acceptance, empathy and genuineness.
For therapy to be effective, participants need to be proactive. Counselling is a collaborative process and I love to work creatively by integrating different techniques to help explore and recognise behavioural patterns.
During an initial free telephone consultation we will work together to decide whether counselling or psychotherapy maybe an appropriate form of help for you.
Let me help you reflect, overcome, strengthen and empower yourself.
Reviews & Feedback
“Before meeting Sabrina, I thought that feeling anxious all the time and bottling up feelings was ‘the norm.’ But Sabrina has taught me so much about myself, encouraging me to look and question inwards, supporting me through troubled times and teaching me ways in which I can not only help myself, but help those around me too.
Calm, understanding, reassuring, friendly, Sabrina really is like the confidant I never knew I needed. With her support over these last few months I have managed to really enjoy the good moments, survive the tough moments and learn more about myself than I ever have.
After each session I leave feeling more grounded than ever. She has helped me realise that I am far stronger than I give myself credit for and that asking for help can only ever be a good thing. I wish I had met Sabrina sooner so that I could have started to enjoy and live life the way it should be- through the good times as well as the bad.”
"Sabrina is calm, non-judgmental and patient. She keeps the session focused and helps me explore and dig deeper each time.
The process of reflection has not been easy but it has been eye-opening and liberating. I can finally see that I will heal -- it just takes time and EFFORT.
Sessions have been comfortable enough to get uncomfortable and push boundaries, at ease, liberated.
Online sessions are just as useful as they are in person, especially since we have built a rapport in person. You’ve made me feel heard and understood. Sessions with you have made me realize that my thoughts and feelings are valid and completely normal (that it is not unusual to feel the way I do given my experiences). We have worked through some very uncomfortable material at my own pace and she has guided me through the process of sitting with the discomfort and allowing myself to address core issues."
"Sessions where I speak about things, I find hard to speak about always leave me feeling good afterwards. I have found that the more intense the session, the deeper the healing. This has encouraged me to delve deeper into my true self and explore deep themes, which has been very beneficial for me.
Counselling is one of the best things in my life. I am so glad I found Sabrina. I have found the process of reflection surprisingly enjoyable. I genuinely look forward to my weekly counselling session.
The sessions make me feel safe, worthy, and heard. I cannot overstate how beneficial it has been for me to get to experience what these feelings feel like. Counselling is the only place where I can experience these feelings, which every human deserves to enjoy. "
Training, qualifications & experience
- Qualified Integrative Counsellor
- British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) registered
- Working in different organisations: Women and Girls Network, EACH counselling and support, School Counsellor in High Schools.
- Helping clients work through incidents of trauma and symptoms of PTSD.
- I have worked with EACH counselling and support as a domestic violence counsellor for the past year and with Women and Girls Network for 2 years prior.
- I carry out freelance work as a private counsellor and have received referrals from organisations such as ParentingU, Hestia Housing & Support and Social Services. I also co-facilitate Domestic & Sexual Violence groups such as The Freedom Programme and The Family Links Parenting Programme.
- I have also designed the ROSE Programme. This is a Group therapy programme that enables clients to Reflect, Overcome, Strengthen and Empower themselves through group and individual activities and self-reflection.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
10 min free initial telephone assessment
Ongoing sessions ranging from £50-£90
Click on the link below to submit a quick referral form if you need a quote and also details of services and programmes I provide.
- Based in two locations - 5 min walk from Uxbridge Station and Hayes & Harlington Station.
- Professional Liability Insurance in place
For further information, please contact me on 07701371334 or send an email to email@example.com
For further details about the ROSE Programme please visit www.roseprogramme.com .
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Fluent in Punjabi, Hindi and Urdu.|
Contact to check availability. Or please complete online self referral form and I can get back to you with a quote.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|