REBECCA SPARKES, Psychotherapist PG Dip Psych MBACP
CORONA VIRUS Anxieties - confidential Skype, Zoom, Facetime sessions available
Rebecca Sparkes is a fully trained psychotherapist and addictions counsellor, with over 15 years’ experience of working with clients, both in private practice and in the NHS.
Rebecca specialises in addictions (alcohol, recreational drugs, prescription drugs), eating disorders (including anorexia, bulimia, orthorexia and exercise addictions), anxiety, depression and compulsive behaviours (on-line addictions, gambling, compulsive spending, sex addiction). She works extensively with clients struggling with:
- Addiction (alcohol, drugs)
- Eating disorders
- On-line addictions (internet addiction, gambling, gaming)
- Compulsive spending
- Sex addiction
- Low self-esteem
- Relationship difficulties
- Sexual difficulties
- Sexual orientation and gender identity
- Family issues
- Body image
- Anger management
- ‘Self-medication’ with food, alcohol or other substances
- Trauma, including PTSD, assault or domestic trauma.
Rebecca Sparkes offers an individually tailored approach, drawing on her training and experience with:
- Integrative psychotherapy (Including psychodynamic, humanistic, gestalt-based therapy, creative therapies)
- Addictions counselling
- Eating disorder/body image therapy
- Relationship/sexual counselling
- Work and stress management
- Trauma counselling
- Family and relationship mediation
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
Rebecca sees clients during the day and evenings in Paddington/Little Venice at CCPE, Beauchamp Lodge, 2 Warwick Crescent, London W2 6NE, and also in her City practice, 3 Lombard Court, London EC3V 9BJ
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post Graduate Diploma Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Member of British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Blended families