Rebecca Hardy - PGDip, MA, MBACP, MCIPD
I am a qualified and registered counsellor with the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy, offering counselling support to adults (18+) within York city centre.
There are situations in life that may have led you to feel unable to cope, judged, isolated, or not believed.
Sometimes the reason for this is clear, and we know where to seek help, but at other times it is not.
Drawing upon a range of approaches and techniques tailored to your needs, I will assist in helping you to explore your thoughts and feelings to find clarity, build upon your inner resources and live life more fully.
At our initial session, without obligation, we will explore your needs and what you are hoping to achieve from therapy.
Counselling is for your benefit, the number of sessions can be as short or as long as you need them to be and are conducted in a safe, calm and confidential environment.
You will be heard, respected, and understood, without judgement.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling
- Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resources
- MA Human Resource Management
- Chartered Member of the CIPD
- Registered Member of the BACP
- Counsellor for various Charitable organisations.
- Counsellor for a specialist domestic abuse and sexual violence organisation, supporting victims of serious crime.
- Counsellor for a disordered eating clinic within York City Centre.
- Private Practice working with a wide variety of presenting issues.
I am committed to continuous professional development, regular clinical supervision, and abide by their ethical framework of the BACP.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
I offer a free initial consultation to help you decide whether I might be the right therapist for you. Subsequent sessions are charged as follows:
Individuals - £40 per session
Concessions available, please contact me to discuss.
Prior career history encompassed corporate leadership roles (HR and Operations), with a specialist interest in Mental Health and stress related illnesses in the workplace.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekday and Weekends
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|