Ramona Haetzer, Dipl Counsellor & Supervisor, MBACP (Accredited)
I am an registered and accredited member (MBACP) of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), which is the largest professional body in the United Kingdom. My registration number is 095579. I am also formally registered as a couples counsellor with Relationships Scotland and entered onto the register of relationship counsellors. As a counsellor I am bound by the codes and ethics of both organisations. I am also a registered counsellor with GamCare, MND Scotland, Moving Minds, Scottish Autism and Scottish Families Affected by Alcohol & Drugs.
My aim as a counsellor is to provide a welcoming space for couples and individual clients, to help them explore their personal issues and feelings, in order to gain confidence, to look at things more honestly and, where necessary, make the appropriate changes. With these goals in mind I offer short or long term counselling sessions, tailored to suit my clients personal needs.
I am an experienced Addiction and Relationship Counsellor and Counselling Supervisor based in Forres, Moray, between Inverness and Elgin. My practice is a professional service and can support you at your most difficult and emotional times. I offer a comprehensive choice of private and confidential counselling services for couples and individual clients in English or German, also over the phone or online. (In addition to this introduction you can find more information on my website rhcounselling.co.uk.)
To give a better understanding of the counselling services I can offer, here are issues I have worked with:
Relationship breakdown, relationship issues, family problems, communication difficulties, loneliness, isolation, parenting and adoption issues.
Marriage and Couple Counselling:
Infidelity, relationship difficulties, communication breakdown, sexual or intimacy issues, reproductive issues, separation and divorce.
Also Same Sex Couples:
Lesbian and gay issues, bisexual or transgender issues.
Drug and alcohol addiction, gambling, sexual and sax addiction, binge eating disorder, shopping, internet and exercise addiction, mobile/smart phone addiction.
I also offer counselling to friends and family members who are affected by somebody else’s addiction.
Abuse and Trauma Counselling:
Physical, emotional and/or sexual abuse, drug or alcohol abuse, childhood abuse and domestic violence.
Bereavement and Grief:
Bereavement, loss, grief, death and dying, fatality, casualty, also loneliness after an event of death; also pet loss and bereavement.
Anxiety, low self-esteem, bullying, victimisation, redundancy, retirement, illness and health issues, weight problems, meaning and purpose of life, identity conflict, mood swings, loneliness, postnatal depression, feeling sad also abortion and miscarriage issues.
Work related issues, anger, stress, dissociation, painful and traumatic events, social skills, life changes, generalised anxiety disorder, furthermore Asperger and Autism.
If you either wish to find out more or arrange an initial consultation, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Training, qualifications & experience
In 2005 I started to work for Social Work to support children and teenager.
In 2009/10 I trained with Alcohol Focus Scotland. After completion of my course I worked for MCA (Moray Council on Addiction) as an accredited addiction counsellor until December 2015. Now I work very close with GamCare, MND Scotland, Scottish Autism and Moving Minds.
In Edinburgh I have studied with Relationships Scotland for two and a half years to attain my diploma (degree) as a Relationship Counsellor (certified by Edinburgh Napier University and validated by COSCA). This enabled me to work for Relationship Scotland as a relationship counsellor for individual clients and also couples. I am trained in Emotion focused therapy, Integrative, Psychodynamic, Relational, Systemic, Transactional analysis and Person Centred Counselling.
In 2013 I started my own private practice in which I offer a safe and non-judgmental place for my clients, to explore their issues in either English or German.
In 2017/18 I studied with Relationships Scotland in Edinburgh to achieve my Diploma as a certified Counselling Supervisor.
I have also attended several additional education and training courses (CPDs) over the last few years. Please refer to the list below:
- Mindfulness Level 2 (Module 3)
- Using an Object Relations Focus in Sexual and Relationship Therapy
- Mindfulness Level 2 (Module 2)
- Working in Supervision with the impact of Trauma within a Healthcare setting
- Children, Young People and Families conference 2019 – Working with risk: the therapist’s dilemma
- Mindfulness Level 2 (Module 1)
- Conversational Intelligence
- Mindfulness Level 1: Being Present (Module 4)
- CYP conference 2018 – Working with children in their world
- Innovative Models for Working with Domestic Abuse
- Mindfulness Level 1 (Module 3)
- Mindfulness Level 1 (Module 2)
- Mindfulness Level 1 (Module 1)
- Transactional Analysis with Couples
- BDSM and other Sexualities
- Working with Addiction and BereavementWorking with Addiction: underlying causes
- Working with bereaved clients
- Sugar – the new baddie on the block?
- What’s wrong with porn? The rising prevalence of sex and pornography addiction
- Broken lives, Broken brains, Broken hearts
- Working with Children and Young People: Self harm, eating disorders and supporting the LGBT communityWorking with young people who self-harm
- Working with identity and self-esteem in young people with eating disorders
- Working with young people in the LGBT community
- Self-harm: The solution, not the problem
- Do we have a choice? An attachment perspective on choosing (and not choosing)
- The emotional legacy of childhood abuse and the enduring impact for survivors of abuse
- Mindfulness Practitioner Foundation (Module 1)
- Attachment and Intimacy
- Relational Depth and Emotional Connection in Online Therapy
- UK/European Symposium on Addictive Disorders
- Transactional Analysis 101
- Trauma: The challenge of our age
- The Impact of Trauma on Contact and Intimacy
- Working therapeutically and safely online. How we and our clients stay safe online.
- Exploring Anger. Finding the Gift.
- Domestic Abuse and Black Minority Ethnic Families
- Prostate Cancer UK
- Sex Addiction and the Couple Relationship
- The Cycle of Change
- Becoming Friends with Death
- Protecting Information
- Mindfulness Practice
- Positive Range of Options to Avoid Crisis and use Therapy Strategies for Crisis Intervention and Prevention
- Infant Mental Health
- Telephone Counselling
- Working with People with Autism
- Alcohol and older people
- Basic Awareness (Child Protection)
- First Aid Training
- Gilt and Shame
- Supporting & Protecting Adults from Abuse
- First Steps Youth Work
- Principles and Practice Level 1 to Work with Children and Young People
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Photos & videos
The initial consultation and each subsequent counselling session will take up to 60 minutes and costs £35 for an individual person and £45 for couples.
It will give you the opportunity to see if you will feel comfortable with me, as your counsellor, the counselling process and the setting.
The initial consultation is even more important when the counselling process will continue over the phone or online via Skype, FaceTime (only on iPad, iPhone, iPod and Mac), Hangouts, WhatsApp and Messenger.
Discounts for multi-sessions booking and low income available.
You can pay your fees in cash, with cheque, via bank transfer, with Apple & Google Pay or by Debit or Credit Card from American Express, Mastercard, Maestro and Visa, also via Paypal.
You can also buy and pay your session(s) in my little online store.
Email Counselling Fees: £45 for one exchange; £160 for four exchanges (Weekend Email Counselling: £50 for one exchange; £180 for four exchanges)
GamCare offers financial support for gamblers and affected partners, family members and friends. For more information about GamCare and how they can help contact me or visit gamcare.org.uk. I also work very close with MND Scotland, Scottish Autism, Moving Minds and Scottish Families Affected by Alcohol & Drugs.
If you need to cancel your appointment, please give me a 24 hour notice in order to avoid a cancellation fee.
I am also a Counselling Supervisor.
In 2017/18 I studied with Relationships Scotland in Edinburgh to achieve my Diploma as a certified Supervisor. This enabled me to supervise counsellors and psychotherapists who work with individual clients, with families, groups and couples.
As a qualified Counselling Supervisor, I work with other professionals. Although I am a relationships and addiction counsellor and psychotherapist, trained in emotion focused therapy, integrative, person centred, psychodynamic, relational, systemic and transactional analysis, I often work with supervisees who work in different areas such as bereavement counselling or stress management or with different methods such as gestalt, art and play therapy.
My approach to supervision is driven by theory, praxis and based around knowledge, awareness, mindfulness and intuition, in order to help you achieve a greater understanding of your client’s issues as well as your own therapeutic and personal perception. I believe the quality of the relationship between the supervisor and the supervisee adds immensely to the constitution and success of supervision.
With these high aspiration in mind, I offer a one off initial consultation session. The fee is £18 for half an hour. This is also to give you the opportunity to meet me and to discuss how you feel with the settings, with me as your supervisor and my way of providing supervision. I provide supervision for counselling trainees and qualified counsellors, as well as casework and organisational supervision (Only UK based). The session will be held either Face-to-Face, Online (Skype, Facetime, Hangouts, Messenger and Whatsapp) or over the phone. Prices afterwards vary from £30 – £50 depending on your circumstance and needs.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||English, German|
Mon - Sat: 9 am to 8 pm, Sun 10 am to 8 pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
In 2017/18 I studied with Relationships Scotland in Edinburgh to achieve my Diploma as a certified Supervisor.