Online - Trauma Informed Adult & Adolescent Counselling
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
I am a warm, empathic and open-minded counsellor who's aim is to put you at ease when we meet so we can get to know each other and you feel comfortable to talk about what is troubling you. Counselling can be a daunting experience for some clients so it's important to take it slowly and go at your own pace.
Are you struggling with:
- Feeling sad
- Low self-esteem and confidence
- Panic attacks
- Social anxiety
The above issues can manifest in the following ways in your life:
* You may be disconnected from your feelings or people in your life
* Struggling with unhelpful behaviours and thoughts
* Feeling alone, lost and isolated and not wanting to burden the people you love
* Thinking others don't understand you or like you
* Having disturbing memories or trauma from the past impacting you
* Or having trouble putting into words how you feel
I can support you in getting to understand what's going on for you so that you can feel better over a period of time. I believe we all have an innate drive to achieve our greater potential and live a meaningful life and that drive in you will come alive as we do the work. Having someone who can listen without judging or criticising you can be a healing experience.
Young People's Counselling
If you are looking for a counsellor for your son or daughter who is between the ages of 11 and 18, then you may find this information useful.
Young People's Counselling is for any young person who's having problems. Whether it's depression and mental health concerns or issues with parents or people at school. Some issues faced by a young person can be:
* problems at school such as bullying, not coping with lessons
* issues at home with parents or siblings
* worried about exams
* not fitting in within their peer groups
* exhibiting self-harming behaviours
* addicted to social media and experiencing low self-esteem
Having trained as a teacher, I have several years experience working with children between the ages of 5 - 18 in schools. After I gave up teaching, I setup a business teaching drama therapy to children with the view to building communication skills, confidence and self-esteem. I loved my work with young people as it helped them build valuable skills for life. I now combine this experience with counselling to help them with mental health issues. Counselling allows them talk about how they feel, separate from school and home life and can help them get back to enjoying life.
Anxious clients can have therapy Dog Benjy
My loving and gentle dog, Benjy, has helped clients who are nervous and unsure about therapy to settle down with his warm presence. Clients fall in love with him instantly. You can request to have him in the session with you if you feel it will help you.
In summary, I offer you a confidential and safe space to :
- talk openly and honestly about life
- explore anxiety, depression or feeling afraid or sad
- to explore culturally sensitive issues, loneliness, anger, confusion or bereavement
- build confidence and self-esteem
- find support through physical/emotional pain
- have gentle and loving therapy dog Benjy to help you heal
I am trained and experienced in various forms of therapy and can facilitate healing on many levels.
If you are unsure whether counselling is for you, then you are not alone. Counselling is a very private experience and you have to like your therapist before you can work with them. I am able to offer you a 30 minute FREE consultation to meet face-to-face or online to see if we can work together. Why not call or email me now and we can set that up.
Training, qualifications & experience
Counselling experience with organisations:
- Voluntary work for two years with cancer patients and their carers at The Olive Tree Centre, Crawley
- General counselling at Horsham and Crawley Counselling Group
Education, Qualifications and Memberships in Counselling
- BACP Accredited 2 year training to obtain Diploma in Humanistic Integrative Counselling from Wealden Psychology Institute & Training
- 2 years training in Advanced Diploma in Embodied Relational Therapy
- Meditation and Breathwork training with world renowned teachers Reggie Ray, Tara Brach and Jack Kornfield
- I am also a qualified and experienced Wellness Coach specialising in weight loss and healthy eating
- I am a member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) and Association for Coaching. I am fully insured and abide by the Ethical Code of Practice of these organisations
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£55.00 per session
Free initial telephone or online session
I am able to offer you a 30 minute FREE consultation to meet online to see if we can work together. Why not call or email me now and we can set that up.
When I work
Sometimes I am able to fit clients in at a time that is not displayed. So please make contact and I can see how I can fit you in.
I can offer online and face-to-face sessions.
I believe we all deserve to live a meaningful and full life. The experiences we face in our life can sometimes affect the way we view people, the world and ourselves which may not serve us in the best way. Through counselling, we can explore your beliefs, wants and desires so you get closer to how you would like your life to be. I think is it a privilege for me to work with people everyday in helping them heal, transform and thrive. So don't wait, you have nothing to lose in making contact with me today to see if we could work together.