I am a humanistic integrative counsellor, which means I believe we all have an innate drive to achieve our greater potential and live a meaningful life. Counselling can be difficult and some people feel scared to address the issues in their life. I am a warm, empathic and open-minded counsellor who can help you gain more awareness about what's going on for you so that you can experience life fully. This may involve changing unhelpful behaviours, exploring your past to understand how it's impacting your present life, learning to become acquainted with your feelings so you are able to say what is important for you authentically and get your needs met. Sometimes having someone who can listen without judging or criticising you, can do a world of good.
Therapy Dog Benjy
My loving and gentle dog, Benjy, has helped clients who are nervous and unsure about therapy to settle down with his warm presence. Client fall in love with him instantly. You can request to have him in the session with you if you feel it will help you.
By having counselling with me (and Benjy) you will have a confidential and safe space to :
- talk openly and honestly about life
- explore anxiety, depression or feeling afraid or sad
- to explore culturally sensitive issues, loneliness, anger, confusion or bereavement
- build confidence and self-esteem
- find support through physical/emotional pain
- have gentle and loving therapy dog Benjy to help you heal
A trusting and safe relationship is the bedrock upon which change happens. We will work towards that in our sessions. You are in control of the sessions and I will walk beside you as a guide. I am trained and experienced in various forms of therapy and can facilitate healing on many levels.
If you are unsure whether counselling is for you, then you are not alone. Counselling is a very private experience and you have to like your therapist before you can work with them. I am able to offer you a 30 minute FREE consultation to meet face-to-face or online to see if we can work together. Why not call or email me now and we can set that up.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Voluntary work for two years with cancer patients and their carers at The Olive Tree Centre, Crawley
- 9 months and ongoing at Horsham and Crawley Counselling Group for general counselling
Education, Qualifications and Memberships in Counselling
- BACP Accredited 2 year training to obtain Diploma in Humanistic Integrative Counselling from Wealden Psychology Institute & Training
- 2 years training in Advanced Diploma in Embodied Relational Therapy
- Meditation and Breathwork training with world renowned teachers Reggie Ray, Tara Brach and Jack Kornfield
- I am also a qualified and experienced Wellness Coach specialising in weight loss and healthy eating
- I am a member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) and Association for Coaching. I am fully insured and abide by the Ethical Code of Practice of these organisations
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£50.00 per session
Free initial in-person, telephone or online session
I am able to offer you a 30 minute FREE consultation to meet face-to-face or online to see if we can work together. Why not call or email me now and we can set that up.
Sometimes I am able to fit clients in at a time that is not displayed. So please make contact and I can see how I can fit you in.
I can offer online and face-to-face sessions.
I believe we all deserve to live a meaningful and full life. The experiences we face in our life can sometimes affect the way we view people, the world and ourselves which may not serve us in the best way. Through counselling, we can explore your beliefs, wants and desires so you get closer to how you would like your life to be. I think is it a privilege for me to work with people everyday in helping them heal, transform and thrive. So don't wait, you have nothing to lose in making contact with me today to see if we could work together.