Pauline Robinson, (M.Ed MBACP, Dip NLP, Relate registered practitioner)
I am a highly trained, experienced and currently practicing Relate trained couples and individual therapist. I am available to offer you immediate help and support.
Are you feeling sad, troubled, anxious, depressed, worried?
Are you recently bereaved?
Are you experiencing relationship, intimacy or other problems?
Do you need to understand your past or make changes in your life?
These are difficult burdens to be carrying.........
If you are considering seeking counselling, it is perhaps because something has shifted for you. Something in your world, in your life, in your relationship, in your thoughts or your feelings. You may be struggling to make sense of your situation, feeling overwhelmed, or experiencing panic attacks. Whatever the cause of your difficulties, I am here to help.
I have worked with Relate (the foremost relationship counselling organisation in the UK) for 26 years. During this time, I have provided successful therapeutic support to thousands of couples and individuals. I am now extending my skills to work in private practice.
Whatever your issues are, I can offer you caring, empathetic, professional and effective counselling in a safe environment.
If you choose to work with me, I will draw upon my extensive training, skills, experience and strategies from a wide range of therapeutic theory and practice, as well my own learning from life to enable you to move forward.
You will experience a warm and genuine therapeutic relationship in our work together. I will integrate psycho-dynamic, systemic, cognitive behavioral as well as solution focused strategies to guide you to explore and understand whatever issues you come to counselling to resolve. This exploration and understanding will lead you to becoming empowered to find the solutions you need and make the changes necessary to live your life in a more peaceful and fulfilling way.
Life can be better for you than it is currently.......
It has improved for these clients with whom I have worked:
'I will never forget the help, support and understanding I received from Pauline in the work I did with her. I see much more hope in my future now. Thank you'. (Individual client 2020)
Pauline has helped us repair years of harmful behavior within our relationship. Thanks to you Pauline our relationship will survive and be happy. I would recommend Pauline to anyone having problems-she's fantastic! We are very grateful that we worked with her. (Couple 2019)
'We can only comment very positively, the counselling has exceeded our expectations!' (Couple 2018)
Counselling and therapy is a journey and I would be privileged to be part of your journey.
Please phone or email me to explore how I can be of help to you through safe covid compliant face to face, webcam, telephone or email counselling .
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma (with merit) in Education, Psychology and Professional Studies 1975-1978
- Relate Certificated Counsellor Qualification 1994-1998
- Masters Degree 1990-1996
- Post Graduate Qualification in Emotional and Behavioral Difficulties 1999-2000.
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy 1999-2000
- Post Graduate Qualification in Inclusive Education 2000-2001
- Post Graduate Certificate in Specific Learning Difficulties 2001-2003
- Foundation Diploma- Neuro Linguistic Programming 2005
- Advanced Practitioner Qualification in Nurture Theory and Practice 2005
- Restorative Justice Qualified Facilitator- (Attainment Level Distinction)- 2012
- Trained Facilitator Qualification in- trauma, resilience and relationships- A Programme of Support for female inmates of Styal Prison- 2018 (Worked with groups of prisoners 2018-2020).
- Trained Facilitator in Relate Choose to Change Programme- Work with perpetrators of domestic abuse (2019)
- Relate Practitioner Registration Number- 10426 (renewed 2020)
- Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Certificate Number-001621387330 renewed 2019.
- BACP membership number 009966494
- (All qualifications and documentation available for perusal.)
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Free Introductory 20 minute consultation by phone, webcam, email or face to face.
Individual and/or couple sessions £50 per hour
I am available for daytime, evening and weekend counselling sessions.
This list is not exhaustive but represents some of the areas within which I have experience and have accessed additional training during my 26 years of practice.
- Marital and couple theory and practice
- Domestic abuse and violence (Extensive training and ongoing Relate requirement for annual training updates.)
- Child Protection and Safeguarding Children (Extensive training and ongoing Relate requirement for annual training updates.)
- Suicidal Knowledge risk and support (Extensive training and ongoing Relate requirement for annual training updates.)
- Bereavement and loss (Extensive training and ongoing Relate requirement for annual training updates.)
- Counselling couples and individuals with a mental health focus
- Assessing difficulty and risk
- Sexual abuse and its impact on individuals and relationships.
- Counselling clients with sexual problems
- Psychosexual Therapy (Course of Study 2002-2005)
- Loss of sexual desire
- Positive approaches to behavioural management and change.
- Couples and affairs
- Working Reflexively with Infidelity (2019).
- Transforming Troubled Lives.
- Lessons learned from Serious Case Reviews
- Understanding eating disorders: prevention, detection and support.
- Understanding and supporting people who self harm
- LGBT and Q Sensitivity and Awareness (2016).
- Protecting personal information and data protection (GDPR)
- Pluralistic Counselling Theory and Practice (2018).
- Motivational Interviewing Techniques (2018).
- Core Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (2018).
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy Approaches (2018).
- Trauma Symptoms (2018).
- Complex Needs linked to Domestic Abuse and Mental Health (2018).
- Living with cancer (facilitating therapeutic group discussions around relationships and communication 2019.)
- Phone Counselling, Webcam and Online Counselling (September 2020)