Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
This professional is available for new clients.
Have you become frustrated with bringing about change in your life? Or maybe life events are beginning to cause you difficulties and you want a solution?
If you are experiencing Anxiety, Depression, Bereavement, Work Issues, Issues within your Relationship, Post Traumatic Stress, any kind of abuse or concerns relating to past trauma, then counselling could help you.
Together we can:
- Identify current difficulties more clearly and work out how you can resolve or deal with them
- Look at repeating patterns in your life that lead to feeling stuck
- Support changes you want and find new ways forward
I deliver one to one therapy, EMDR and relationship counselling in person, online and on the phone, I have over 19 years’ experience as a counsellor and psychotherapist, I have helped clients with a wide range of issues but specialise in working with PTSD, trauma and abuse. To find out more about EMDR please take a look below or see my website.
Contact me today by phone on 07843813537 or email me to book your first session or if you would just like a friendly chat about your issues and how I can help.
What is EMDR?
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) is a psychotherapy treatment that was originally designed to alleviate the distress associated with traumatic memories, is often used to help alleviate depression, anxiety, and help clients recover from physical, emotional and sexual abuse and domestic violence. It is also helpful for clients struggling with grief.
EMDR is recognised by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) as a treatment for post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and the World Health Organisation (WHO).
Make an Appointment
To make an appointment with me please send me a message or call me on 07843 813 537 to book your first session or if you would just like a friendly chat about your issues and how I can help. If you would like to find out more about me please take a look at my website.
If you are happy to go ahead we will arrange a mutually convenient time for us to meet and start working together.
Summary of what I offer
I currently run a private practice in person in Kingswinford and Birmingham, on the Telephone and Online.
- I offer Counselling and Psychotherapy to Individuals and Couples.
- I offer Sessions in EMDR. - EMDR can be done online.
- I offer Clinical Supervision to other Counsellors and Psychotherapists.
- I offer both Short Term and Long Term Psychotherapy.
- I have a Current DBS Certificate, Fully insured, Committed to Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
- In both locations I work from there is easy parking, good public transport.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a BACP Accredited Counsellor. I am trained to use CBT and Solution Focussed approaches to counselling for short term work. I also work with gestalt and the person centred models. These models are more suited to longer term work to assist clients to find their way through the difficulties they are experiencing. I work with body, thoughts, feelings & emotions.
As a counsellor I have undertaken the following in order to reach the level of experience I have attained.
- Level 7 Psychotherapist Training
- Diploma in Counselling
- EMDR Practitioner Qualification
- Post Graduate Diploma in Supervision
- Post Graduate Certificate in Person Centred Supervision
- Certificate in Couples Counselling
- Certificate in Coginitive Behavioural Therapy
- BACP Accredited (British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy)
- Certificate in Developmental Psychotherapy
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Long term illness, disability and life threatening health conditions.
£45.00 per session
Free initial telephone session
Concessions offered for
I accept payment by:
Debit and Credit card
Bank transfer (only in advance).
- One-to-one counselling - £45 per session
- Couples counselling - £60 per session
- Supervision - £50 per hour
- EMDR - £60 per session
Call for informal information and to negotiate a fee you can afford and ask whether I work with the difficulties you are experiencing.
Length of Sessions:
- Counselling sessions last for 50 minutes.
- A session of EMDR lasts 60 minutes
When I work
Available daytimes and weekends.
- Off road parking is available close by.
- Birmingham city centre is serviced a range of bus, tram and train services
- There is usually space for parking outside and this is a safe, quiet residential area.
- Buses 254 & 255 pass the end of the street.
- Several other bus services also come nearby.
I am prepared to travel and will consider work outside of my immediate area for both individuals and organisations.