Lynn Bannister BSc(hons) (MBACP)
We all go through transitions in life, this can take many forms, for example... The break up of a relationships, becoming a new parent, empty nest, retirement, a new career, moving to a new school or university or loss. Whatever your transition is, sometimes it will be manageable and other times transition can be challenging, it can cause deep emotions, negative thoughts, unwanted behaviors & physical symptoms. We can feel lost, without purpose or meaning, we become anxious and stressed.
Counselling can provide an opportunity for exploration and self reflection, it can support you to deal with the transition you are going through and help you manage the issues that are arising from it.
My role will not be to advice or tell you what to do, my role will be to facilitate your growth, development and enable self discovery. We will work in partnership to explore what is affecting you and how this is impacting you day to day, we will then start to build mechanisms and resilience to help you move forward.
Training, qualifications & experience
Integrative Counselling BSc(hons) Degree
Life Coaching Diploma Level 4 CPCAB
Member of the BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy)
Continued Professional Development:
- Using Play Therapy Skills
- Using CBT in End of Life Care.
- Using Mindfulness Techniques in Counselling
- Helping Young People Before and After the Death of a Significant Adult
- Working with Suicidal Thoughts
- Responding to self Harm in Children and Adolescents.
- Advanced Safeguarding
- Working with Grief and Loss in Children and Adults.
- Working with Trauma
- working with Clients with Asperger Syndrome.
I have a wealth of experience in working with......
- Cancer Patients and families (7 years working as a Macmillan Information and Support Services Manager)
- Sexuality and Body Image due to surgery and treatment.
- Palliative Care Patients and Families (18 years working with the NHS and local Hospices)
- Loss and Bereavement.
- Supporting Young Adults
- Mental Health Issues.
- Asperger Syndrome
- Loss of Purpose (new parents, empty nest, retirement, change of career)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder in children
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Cancer Patients (7 years as a Macmillan Information and Support Service Manager)
Sexuality and Body image due to surgery
Palliative Care Patients and Families (18 years working with the NHS and local Hospice).
Loss and Bereaved
Supporting young adults
Mental Health issues
Young Adults and Adults with Asperger Syndrome.
Loss of Purpose (new parents, empty nest, retirement, change of career etc)
Counselling: £50 per session (£55 for Saturday appointments) Approximately 8-12 sessions for short term work and 12 months plus for long term.
Coaching: Approximately 8-10 sessions over 3-4 months, individual Coaching Sessions start from £120.
Please feel free to discuss concessions for young adults and those on low income.
Please drop me an email if you wish to discuss anything further or book an appointment. When I am with clients, my phone will go to voicemail, please leave a message and I will call you back. I look forward to hearing from you.
By car: plenty of free street parking in the local area.
By Bus: 111 from Kingston to Hounslow, R70 from Richmond, 216 from Staines to Kingston
By Train: Waterloo to Hampton
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Appointments available... Monday - Friday daytime & evening, Saturday morning. Other days and times may be available on request.
Types of client