Kevin Williams Adv Dip.Psyche.couns MNCS (Accred)
When you are feeling overwhelmed and struggling to find some peace of mind or to find the real you and be the person you feel you should be, it can be difficult to find a way through on your own.
Having the time and space to talk to someone in a safe and confidential environment can really help to untangle your thoughts and feelings and get you back to feeling yourself again. So why not get a free telephone consultation and start on the road back to peace of mind.
I am an accredited Counsellor and Psychotherapist working in private practice and for charities. I am experienced at dealing with depression and anxiety, relationship issues and loss. The charitable work I do is helping survivors of rape and sexual abuse find some peace again. Many of my private clients are Police Officers and NHS staff. My practice focuses on acceptance, sound ethics and confidentiality.
What to expect.
If, after a brief telephone conversation, you wish to explore coming for therapy further, we will arrange a meeting.
Meeting in person will offer you the chance to talk more fully about your situation and your feelings, what you are looking for from therapy, and whether you feel that you may benefit from working with me.
This might mean agreeing to work for a specific number of sessions, or deciding to work together for as long as is helpful to you. After the initial meeting, sessions are an hour and usually take place at the same time each week.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Ofqual Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body Level 2 certificate in Counselling Studies.
- Ofqual Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body Level 3 certificate in Counselling Studies.
- Ofqual Aim Awards Level 4 diploma in Counselling Practice (European Framework level 5) Embarking in Practice.
- Level 4 Diploma in Counselling Practicum.
- Level 4 Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT).
- Level 4 Diploma in Working with Trauma.
- Working with Rape and sexual abuse, CRASAC.
- Signatory of the Official Secrets Act
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Career counselling
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I specialise in counselling for Rape and sexual abuse trauma.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
Narcissistic Personality Disorder
Survivors of narcissistic relationships both current and past.
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy
- Existential therapy
- Family/systemic therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Group therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Other therapies
- Person-centred therapy
£40 per hour
Concessions for Emergency workers.
During a counselling session you are encouraged to talk freely about whatever problems have prompted you to get in touch or whatever might be on your mind.
In time limited-counselling, the sessions may have a more focused feel.
It is the counsellor’s role to listen carefully and provide a space and relationship in which you feel safe to connect with, explore and express your thoughts and feelings.
You will not be given advice, but invited to find your own answers, tell your own story and find more fulfilling and rewarding ways to live your life.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mon to Sat
10am to 4pm
Evenings and weekends by special arrangement.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|