Kathy Brown, BACP Accredited Counsellor & Psychotherapist (BSc), Nottingham
Zoom, walk and talk, and telephone appointments available - unable to offer face to face appointments at present.
Hello, I am an experienced and extensively trained integrative psychotherapist/counsellor (humanistic/relational/spiritual); couples therapist; Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) practitioner; psychoeducation information provider, and holistic well-being coach.
I offer a free consultation via zoom or telephone, and I work with a wide range of approaches. For more information about the way I work please see www.counsellingnottinghamservices.co.uk.
My appointments are available on a weekly or flexible basis, Monday pm - Friday am.
I work in a wide range of areas and specialise in anxiety, emotions, trauma, relationships, understanding human behaviour and empowerment for change. I am informed by the significance of childhood experiences and learning, the personality, the subconscious, emotions, thoughts, and the nervous system towards making long term changes.
I integrate many modalities/approaches including:
person-centred, gestalt, transactional analysis, psychodynamic, internal family systems, inner child work, compassion focussed, cbt, psychoeducation, emotional freedom technique (tapping), walk and talk therapy, mind management, mindfulness, body awareness, the nervous system/polyvagal theory, holistic health, energy/spirit, and life coaching.
I am compassionate, sincere, and I respect others' beliefs, and differences. I am proactive and passionate about supporting anyone to achieve a growth mindset, positive change, and well-being.
I can help you address:
- present and past issues
- emotional difficulties and distress
- working with the nervous system
- confusion, uncertainty, and co-dependency
- unhelpful thinking, habits, and negativity
- self-sabotage and inner conflict
- repeating negative patterns
I can help you achieve:
- increased self-awareness and self-understanding
- improved thinking, feeling, and behaviours,
- improved emotional and physical health and well-being
- increased sense of calm and peace
- healthy coping strategies, and self-care
- personal growth, and self-realisation
I work with various issues including:
anxiety - panic - stress - anger - guilt - self esteem - trust - relationships - loss and grief - postnatal depression, codependency - family - childhood - abuse - bereavement - trauma - identity - self confidence - self harm - separation and divorce - affairs and betrayal - sexuality - work - health - stuckness - confusion - pregnancy - parenting - abortion - miscarriage
My experience includes long term personal therapy as part of my training; voluntary work within the mental health and well-being services for 15 years; healthcare support to psychiatric services; and support to international students.
Please contact me to book your first session and let me know your availability. You are also welcome to book an initial consultation (up to 25 mins) without charge or any obligation.
Further details about my services and testimonials can be found at www.counsellingnottinghamservices.co.uk.
Location - Nuthall, Nottingham
- near Cinderhill, Bulwell, Kimberley, Hucknall, Basford, Bilborough, Watnall
- nr M1 Junction 26 and A610, just off the Nuthall Island
Training, qualifications & experience
- BACP Registration 040199, Accredited Counsellor and Psychotherapist
- BSc (Hons) in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- MSc/PhD in Metaphysical Sciences/Spiritual Counselling
- Relationship Psychology
- Child Psychology
- Inner Child Healing
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Stress Management
- Mindful Mental Health
- Chronic Fatigue
- Holistic Health
- Body Healing
- Energy Anatomy
- Psychology for Success
- Emotional Intelligence
- Compassion Focussed Therapy
- Life Coaching
- EFT Emotional Freedom Technique
- Meridian Psychotherapy (EFT)
- Bipolar Awareness
- Eating Disorders
- Working with Depression
- Introduction to Ecotherapy
- Private Counselling Practice
- Police Firearms Officers Association
- British Gypsum
- Nottingham Counselling Service
- Employee Affiliate Counselling
- NHS Wellbeing Service
- Nottingham Rape Crisis Centre
- Fostering Agency
- Aftercare Service for Alcohol Addiction Treatment
- Self Harm Organisation
- Marriage Care
- Nottingham County Council
- The Carers Federation
- Alcohol Problems Advice Service
- Bilborough College
- Primary Schools,
- Emotion Focussed Therapy (EFT)
- Internal Family Systems (working with parts)
- Relationship and Couple Counselling
- Mental Health and Mental Illness
- Alcohol Problems
- Rape, Sexual Abuse, Child Abuse
- Domestic Violence
- Trauma, Somatisation and Dissociation
- Reducing Distress, and Self Harm
- Personality Disorders.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Emotional Freedom Technique / Tapping (EFT
Walk and Talk Therapy
Online Zoom Therapy
50-minute sessions unless otherwise stated
- Zoom counselling/psychotherapy £45 (am)
- Meridian Psychotherapy/Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT-Tapping) £45
- Psychoeducation via email £25
- Walk and Talk Therapy £45
- Relationship Counselling for Couples @ £55
Initial 6 sessions offered at the cost of 5, for block payment in advance
- FREE Assessment without Obligation - up to 20 mins
(via online and telephone)
- Weekly or flexible appointments
- Payments by bank transfer
Concessions offered for
- Committment to ethical practice
- Committment to CPD 'continuing professional development' courses
- Accredited and registered member of BACP Reg 040199,
- Website is: www.counsellingnottinghamservices.co.uk